Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - HOME - HOMEServices DLL not found
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

HOME - HOMEServices DLL not found

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FrankieGTH
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:42 pm    Post subject: HOME - HOMEServices DLL not found Reply with quote

Hi all just got my first sat nav (tomtom v4) from argos and a friend has recommended I get tomtom home to get all the updates etc... means nothing to me goes right over head but I'm sure I'll manage Very Happy

Got a Windows XP and downloaded HOME from the tomtom website, installation went ok but now I'm trying to load it but the damned thing wont open. I get this error message...

ERROR: HOMEServices DLL not found, this is needed for the application to run.
Stack:
0. chrome://tthome/content/ui/mainwin/mainWin.js:47
error(e);
1. function onLoad chrome://tthome/content/ui/mainwin/mainWin.js:15
gMainWindow.start();
2. function onload chrome://tthome/content/ui/mainwin/mainWin.xul:1

Tried older versions (2.4, 2.3, 2.2...) and it still can’t find HOMEServices DLL. I'm a novice with all this lark, does anything of the above mean anything to you guys? Any advice?

Ta in advance of any assistance!
dhn
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

See if you have DOTNET FRAMEWORK installed on your computer (Contol Panel/Add, REmove Programs0. If not dl it from here install and then try installing Home then
FrankieGTH
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dhn

Thanks for your rapid reply... I've lad a look and I have Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5.
FrankieGTH
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mad One problem solved and another came along. Downloaded HOME 2.1 and worked like charm until I downloaded the update (application for GO, ONE and RIDER version 6.520?!) which has caused my ONE V4 to freeze when the startup screen appears. Thankfully I backed up but I get the feeling I'm missing out on something?!
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FrankieGTH wrote:
Mad One problem solved and another came along. Downloaded HOME 2.1 and worked like charm until I downloaded the update (application for GO, ONE and RIDER version 6.520?!)

That sounds completely mad.

Firstly, the software has not been on v6 since July 2007, long before the ONE v4 was invented. I can't imagine why you would be offered something as ancient as that!

Secondly, where have you just got Home v2.1 from? It should be on version 2.5 now.

The One should be running v7.522 as a minimum. And as far as I know you should be being offered v8.012 by Home (this version has also been seen pre-installed "out of the box")

Find the version you are running now by tapping the signal strength bars.

Switch off any automatic updates in Home, so you can see what you are about to install before it does anything.
FrankieGTH
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_P

Got HOME 2.1 after looking around for it on google, cant remember what specific site I got it from but I'm sure I could find it again Very Happy

I was offered TomTom Application for GO Classic/GO300/GO500 version 7.903 via HOME earlier this morning which also froze my ONE V4 when the startup screen appeared?

Is my tomtom a GO? On the box it says its part of the ONE 30 series?

Confused Shocked

FrankieGTH

Edit: Just checked what version I have and it is 7.502
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should be getting Home directly from the Tomtom website...
http://www.tomtom.com/services/service.php?id=16&tab=87

There's not much point trying to work out what is going on until you are using the right version.

You have a ONE not a Go, but you are trying to use Home software that came out before the ONE 30 series (also called the "v4" by UK retailers) was even invented!! (Home v2.1 was around in October 2007!)

Get the right version of Home and then see what happens. Smile
FrankieGTH
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_P

I cant use Home from the tomtom website, that is what my original post was about! 2.1 is the latest version that works for me. I get a HOMEServices DLL not found error message with 2.5.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see...
But I think you are going to have to persevere with getting the latest version of Home working, rather than trying to get ancient Go software working!

There's a list of Home error messages HERE, but yours isnt among them. it says:
Quote:
If your error message is not listed we recommend that you contact TomTom Customer Support for assistance.

Give them a ring on 08451 610009 (Monday - Friday: 8:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. ) if you're in the UK.

EDIT: I *do* have a copy of HOMEServices.dll (it's in c:Program Files/TomTom Home 2\xul\components).

I've no idea if it will be the same file as I'm on XP, but I could send it to you if you PM me with your email address. It's 1.5MB so should get through the mail system OK.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: