Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Missing OV2 and OGG Files for Speedzoned Database
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Missing OV2 and OGG Files for Speedzoned Database

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sdm197
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:28 pm    Post subject: Missing OV2 and OGG Files for Speedzoned Database Reply with quote

Hi,

I have just formatted my TomTom 930 due to numerous problems..

I have now installed the excellent OGG files plus Gerry's larger 44 and 24 Icons. Upon checking I had 4 files for each alert

i.e.

pocketgps_uk_gatso_20.bmp
pocketgps_uk_gatso_20.ogg
pocketgps_uk_gatso_20.ov2
pocketgps_uk_gatso_20_X2.bmp

But I noticed there are a number of files not available to make up the whole set

The following OGG files are missing to match the icons of:

euro mob var
euro p mobile 20
euro p mobile 30
euro p mobile 40
euro p mobile 50
euro p mobile 60
euro p mobile 70
euro p mobile 80
euro p mobile 90
euro p mobile 100
euro p mobile 110
euro p mobile 120
euro p mobile 130
euro p mobile tba
euro p mobile var
euro specs var
uk mobile var
uk specs var

Now I know on the UK database there are no VAR specs or mobile so should these be deleted? The Euro ones I'm not sure of.

Also the following OV2's are missing:

euro p mob 20
euro specs 20
euro specs 30
euro specs 70
euro specs 80
euro specs 100
euro specs 110
euro specs 130
euro specs var
uk mobile var
uk p mobile var
uk specs var

should I just delete the icons that these OV2's and OGG's relate to or are they actually missing?

thanks in advance,

SDM197.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The actual ogg files you get vary from set to set as many of them were created before the pMobiles existed.
I was supposed to be sorting all the voice sets out for the site last month, but sickness and xmas got in the way. It IS on my imminent "to do" list. Unfortunately where they are real voices, it won't be possible to get the original voice artistes to create any new alerts, so some sort of generic one will have to do.

If you wish to add voice alerts for any that are missing in your set, just copy one of the others and rename it to match the ov2 file you want it to work with. (I would suggest using the alert from the "consolidated by type" set if it exists). Alternatively, just use a standard sound effect bell for now.

In order to avoid a similar thing happening with the icons, the person who created the latest set made icons for EVERY possible category, whether it existed at the time or not.

But if there are no cameras of a particular type, then that category will not exist in your database download. For example, in the UK there are NO mobile sites in variable speed zones, so there is no "Mobile.var" ov2 file. Also, I think the "pMobiles" are a UK only thing (which the admin would prefer didn't exist at all!) so there won't be any euro pMobiles either.
But whatever the reason, it doesn't matter at all if you delete the extra icons or just leave them on the machine.

In other words, DON'T WORRY. Smile
sdm197
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

thanks once again Andy, I will take your advice and fill in the blanks so to speak!!

SDM197.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: