Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Leaving mobile cameras on the database
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Leaving mobile cameras on the database

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bigshotkezzy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 8:50 pm    Post subject: Leaving mobile cameras on the database Reply with quote

hi guys, ref speed cameras, why dont you leave all mobile speed cameras on the database, because what i have found in the last few days is in my area and a way i travel to work is that someone has reported to you that a mobile camera is not there anymore and you have removed it from your database. point is i saw this speed camera last week but then i updated my database on my sat nav then the next day my sat nav wasn't alerting me of this camera, after a hour of thinking something was wrong with my sat nav i check on the map to find that you have removed it. i have reported to you and you have put it back on which is great, reason for these safety cameras is for us to be aware of what cameras are around us. now if i go 25 miles away from my home and havent got a clue where i am the safety cameras on my sat nav are there to help me and everyone else who has joined.. suggestion is could all the mobile cameras be left on the database weather they have been seen for a while or not it makes other people aware that there has been a mobile camera there before

bigshotkezzy
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 8:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Leaving mobile cameras on the database Reply with quote

bigshotkezzy wrote:
hi guys, ref speed cameras, why dont you leave all mobile speed cameras on the database, because what i have found in the last few days is in my area and a way i travel to work is that someone has reported to you that a mobile camera is not there anymore and you have removed it from your database.

That's not how mobiles work. If they are not reported as 'seen again' then after a set amount of time they get removed. If as you have done they are reported then they will stay live or be re-activated.

We use this system to prevent the database being flooded with mobile sites that are old or no longer valid. We have no plans to change this but we do wish to to try and educate everyone to do their bit and report ALL the mobile cameras they see in action whether we know about them already or not.
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

See also this thread
bigshotkezzy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:36 am    Post subject: Re: Leaving mobile cameras on the database Reply with quote

Darren wrote:
bigshotkezzy wrote:
hi guys, ref speed cameras, why dont you leave all mobile speed cameras on the database, because what i have found in the last few days is in my area and a way i travel to work is that someone has reported to you that a mobile camera is not there anymore and you have removed it from your database.

That's not how mobiles work. If they are not reported as 'seen again' then after a set amount of time they get removed. If as you have done they are reported then they will stay live or be re-activated.

We use this system to prevent the database being flooded with mobile sites that are old or no longer valid. We have no plans to change this but we do wish to to try and educate everyone to do their bit and report ALL the mobile cameras they see in action whether we know about them already or not.

hi darren thanks for your reply keep up the good work guys

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: