Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - ALG Enabling
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

ALG Enabling

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MannyG
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:26 pm    Post subject: ALG Enabling Reply with quote

Hi all,

I Have downloaded the latest map updates and installed v810.1870 map on my tomtom go 520.
i have the UK and ROI map installed and everything seems to be working EXCEPT the Automatic Lane Guidance.The button to enable just refuses to acknowledge the map is the correct map the usual version not compatible appears.
I have restored to a previous version 7.15 and the reset etc and then reinstalled version 810 then tried again but still no luck.

I dont have any other maps installed on this unit so i would assume there is no conflicts with earlier maps.

anyone any ideas before i lose what little hair i have got left Laughing Out Loud?
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roll the unit back to 7.221 or earlier then let TomTom Home update the device, first time it will install 7.481 then the second time will update to the current 8.010
I don't know exactly what the 7.481 release contains but it is needed as part of the update process and doing this sorted someone else out yesterday with the same problem - Mike
karlak
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:52 pm    Post subject: Re: ALG Enabling Reply with quote

MannyG wrote:
Hi all,

I Have downloaded the latest map updates and installed v810.1870 map on my tomtom go 520.
i have the UK and ROI map installed and everything seems to be working EXCEPT the Automatic Lane Guidance.The button to enable just refuses to acknowledge the map is the correct map the usual version not compatible appears.
I have restored to a previous version 7.15 and the reset etc and then reinstalled version 810 then tried again but still no luck.

I dont have any other maps installed on this unit so i would assume there is no conflicts with earlier maps.

anyone any ideas before i lose what little hair i have got left Laughing Out Loud?

Have you tried doing it with it disconnected from the PC? Mine will also give this message if it is connected, but "standalone" is fine
MannyG
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 5:59 pm    Post subject: Re above Reply with quote

I have taken it back to v7.15 and when i connect to home it then only offers me the 8.10 upgrade.and as usual i get the ALG is not supported in this map version.

I sent a support message to tomtom support and there reply was as follows.

Thank you for contacting TomTom Customer Support
Your reference for your query is ......

The ALG functionality is not available on the x20 series of devices ,

There is warning given on the website when maps are ordered that this feature is not supported , Only the X30 series of devices,

With Best Regards

The TomTom Customer Support Team

So i guess i have learned an expensive lesson.

:-(
richard345
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

May I beg to differ? I updated HOME to version 2.4.0.94 a few days ago and then purchased, downloaded and installedg the UK & ROI version 810.1870 map last Friday. Both IQ Routing and ALG is woring fine.

Others here have also, I believe, reported the same.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Re above Reply with quote

MannyG wrote:

Yup, and that lesson is that on occasion TT Support don't know their ar*e from their elbow!

ALG does work on an X20 running v8 software and maps.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well lets have a go at sorting this out as you are getting nowhere with TT Support.
Go to Oldboys web site by clicking Here and download the 7,221 release, install this to your device, the instructions should be contained in a readme file within the download.

Next use Windows Explorer to locate you TomTom Home Download folder, if its set as default go to:
C:\Users\
YOUR NAME\Documents\TomTom\HOME\Download\program\TomTom_Application_for_GO520__GO720__GO920

In this folder will be the files for the 8,010 version remove them to a different location or delete them.

Connect the device to the PC and use TomTom Home to update the device, this time it should grab the 7,481 release and install that before performing your second update which will download and install 8,010
- Mike
Wazza_G
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Re above Reply with quote

MannyG wrote:
I have taken it back to v7.15 and when i connect to home it then only offers me the 8.10 upgrade.and as usual i get the ALG is not supported in this map version.

I sent a support message to tomtom support and there reply was as follows.

Thank you for contacting TomTom Customer Support
Your reference for your query is ......

The ALG functionality is not available on the x20 series of devices ,

There is warning given on the website when maps are ordered that this feature is not supported , Only the X30 series of devices,

With Best Regards

The TomTom Customer Support Team

Just a thought....

Check how many maps you have!

When I upgraded my map a few weeks ago, I found that I had 2 Western Europe maps installed!

So I switched maps and everything worked, ALG inclusive, I then deleted the old map to ensure that I didn't accidentally select it.

So if you find that you have two maps which appear to be the same, select the other one and see what happens.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: