Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - help needed urgently - trading up
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

help needed urgently - trading up

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tlr1000r
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 8:37 pm    Post subject: help needed urgently - trading up Reply with quote

hi guys - great site - been looking here for a while and very impressed with your approach and proffesionalism

nicities aside now the serious stuff

i have just handed back my navman 3400 and ipaq 3970 due to 2 ipaq failures, purchased from staples, they were now unable to re-supply the 3970 due to it now being discontinued, so i sweet talked Twisted Evil them into giving me a full refund (not bad going for me having it all for 9 months)

but i was used to, and impressed with smartst pro v1, especially the way the map would automatically zoom in according to your given speed

are there any other products that do this automatically always giving a head-up view accompanied with a large map display at all times

i have been looking at co-pilot4 but am not keen on the safety screen view

Q. can the safety view be got rid of to always give a auto zooming heads-up display

ps due too being self employed i am going to be using it on a soon to be purchased xda2 ( i now need mobile access to e mails)

come on guys, give it your detailed best
Thumbs Up

regards
phill
HielandLad
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In relation to Copilot 4, you are not stuck with the driver safety view. When it is in guidance mode i.e. route guidance you can have the safety view, a list of waypoints or a full map view which shows the route in green and also will give voice alerts. If you are not in guidance mode, you can put it into navigating mode which just shows the map.

Lastly, in safety mode there is a driver view (no map) and a passenger view (directions with map in a box). So quite a few options, alhtough it will default to the driver safety view.

Alastair
tlr1000r
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

quick response appreciated

can you shed any info re the auto zoom facility which is just so useful for me
tlr1000r
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

please help

can anyone tell me what other gps has autozooming maps please

im desperate
DinAlt
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Both Tomtom and Mapopolis both have autozoom ontheir maps - quite possibly others do too - may I recommend you check out the reviews section on the website - you'll be able to have a look at screenshots etc as well which should help you make a decision.

DinAlt
HielandLad
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apologies for slow response, but I've been away for a couple of days. I've only had copilot for a few weeeks, but it appears to me that it will only autozoom in guidance mode i.e. following a route, and then only in the restricted view.

In driver view it shows a map of the road as it nears a turn, etc. to give you an idea. In passenger view it autozooms the map as you approach the turn, etc. The only problem is that in both these views you have a restricted map size.

I can definately say that in full map size whilst in route guidance it does not autozoom. The map stays at whatever you set it at. There are buttons to zoom in and out on the screen at the top, and these are big enough to use your finger rather than a stylus.

Hope this gives some help.

Alastair
icsys
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tlr100r wrote:
but i was used to, and impressed with smartst pro v1, especially the way the map would automatically zoom in according to your given speed

Can't say that I have noticed that feature with SmartSTv2, but i'll check it out tomorrow and get back to you.
icsys
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SmartSTv2 does have:
Head-up view in 3D. You decide the amount of map displayed. 'auto zoom in' dependent on speed.

It can be toggled on or off. Thumbs Up

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: