Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom Go 920T
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom Go 920T

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alexnigma
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:26 am    Post subject: TomTom Go 920T Reply with quote

Hi all,
I have had one of these for about 5 months now and it is great really easy to use, however there is a glitch in it. Whenever I set a sound for the speed cameras as soon as the device is turned off and on again it defaults to a setting other than the one I gave it. Has anyone else experienced the same thing. Very Happy
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a long-running glitch that no-one seems to have got an exact "handle" on yet.

Some people never have this problem, some have it very occasionally and some quite often.

USUALLY, it only happens when you connect to the PC and./or use the on-screen emulator in Home, but I've read of a couple of people where, like you, it seems to happen every time.

As yours is the more severe case, it MIGHT have a simpler reason.

You could try checking that the "MapSettings.cfg" file (in your map folder) is not set to be "read only" (use Windows Explorer to browse the TomTom storage, right click on that file and select "properties").

Also, it could be one particular POI file that the TT doesn't like. If you have the time or inclination to experiment, try removing them all and just adding them one at a time (maybe start with a new one from TT's own collection) to see if that fixes it.

Finally, you could try using the other method for selecting sounds, which I think is TomTom's preferred way of doing it. See my post HERE for details.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: