Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Rider 1 problems with speed cameras
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Rider 1 problems with speed cameras

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
harley-noj
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:14 pm    Post subject: Rider 1 problems with speed cameras Reply with quote

Hi all, since updating the software to the latest version using TomTom Home. Whenever I change the warning sound (and test it) as soon as I reboot and use the device it defaults to factory settings. This only affects the Pocket world speed camera POI's.
If its any helps heres the device info
App 7.540, Map v675.1409
Any ideas? thanks John
harley-noj
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update on this.
I,ve deleted the update and all works ok. However I need the update to run the new maps. This is the reason I updated in the first place. The only good news is that I've not purchased the new maps yet.
Cus when I download the update I get the same problem. Has anybody else had this.
I'm completly baffled
John
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What was your original software version that you have gone back to?
TomTom Home will only offer you the latest version, but you could try manually updating to an slightly earlier one from Oldboy's site
http://www.oldboy.me.uk/TomTomUpdates/

I'm afraid I'm not particularly knowledgeable about the Rider so can't recommend which to try, but so long as you have good backups (which it sounds like you have as you managed to revert back) then you shouldn't have any problems playing about.
GerryC
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you doing anything else via Home apart from the software update? Only reason I ask is that I've lost setting at random if I use the emulator within Home with my XL.
Brodit ProClip mount
harley-noj
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Andy and Gerry and thanks for your input.
Yes I've got good backups. This site is to thank for the advice on that.
The orginal software version is 6.520. Ive had a look at oldboys site but cannot see any for the rider. Do you know if the GO ones will work as I belive the rider is based on the GO?
I've used home for mapshare as well as updates. But I then reset the warning sounds. However it still resets!!!
As the reason for updateing was for new maps, what version of the software can I go back to to run these maps?
Thanks again
John
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not looking good....
I've been trying to keep a list of all the software releases HERE
and I say there that v7.540 was the first (and so far only) Navcore 7 release for the Rider.

Interesting that you say it only happens on the PGPSW files. My suspicious mind can't help thinking this is a deliberate bit of sabotage by TomTom on a rival's software!
Are you sure it only happens on those? Do you have any third-party POI files from any where else or only the built-in ones? What about if you download one of the other POIs from this site, does it lose the settings for that too?

Anyway, this is a long-standing problem that happens to many people, sometimes occasionally, sometimes frequently. It happens to me occasionally after I have connected to Home.

What is happening is the "MapSettings.cfg" file inside the named map folder (where all these settings are saved) is getting overwritten by a fresh copy, so the workaround I use is to set it all up how I like it, then take a backup copy of MapSettings.cfg. I keep that somewhere else on the TomTom, so if it all disappears I can copy it back over the top of the fresh one. (and use Home as little as possible!)
harley-noj
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Andy. Thanks for the help. I only use the built in POI plus the speedcamera from PGPSW. I try some others just to see what happens?
I will try the workround and thanks again for that.
John
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could never understand people having this problem. I had my (GO920) six months without even a suggestion of it. Then is started doing it intermittently, now it does it unfailingly whenever I so much as let it have a sniff of HOME.

The only advice I can offer is to make sure you disconnect "properly" from Home - Device ... Disconnect Device .... wait until it reboots right through to the map again after asking if you want to connect (answering NO) and only then switch it off first, then disconnect it. It DOESN'T work for me , but who knows, you may get lucky!!

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: