Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TT Navigator 5 cannot reinstall ?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TT Navigator 5 cannot reinstall ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pyromaniac
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:12 am    Post subject: TT Navigator 5 cannot reinstall ? Reply with quote

Hi - Had some great help from Mike on this forum getting my old TT5 ( legally owned on cd ) software up and tunning on my new HTC TyTn 2 phone - a WM 6 device.

Unfortunately the phone developed a fault - was sent away for repair and a replacement was issued.

Trying to get TT5 going on this machine is impossible, although I have the product code, and can get an activation code, it will not be accepted by TT, whether I try to activate automatically or manually.

I tried contacting TomTom via their contact form - but it never shows me a place to put in my email adress, so this is then rejected !

How can I get my legal TT5 working on my 'new' device ?

I cannot see any way on their website of deleting devices etc from my account so I can add new ones.

I assume opening a new account and trying with that would not work as the software is already linked to my existing accout ?

I installed it to my original phone around a month ago.

Regards

Gerry
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give TomTom support a ring and see if they can sort out the issue as it should work with the device but you will need to prove to them you have changed the device by faxing some paperwork to them, you can phone them on 0845 161 0009 - Mike
pyromaniac
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mike - sorry for the delay in replying to you.

Managed to get copies of the relevent paperwork from Vodafone and sent them off to TT and they reactivated my TTN5 ok.

Have a different problem now, I cant get any voice files to work !

All voice options are greyed out on the device, I tried creating a voice folder on my memory card and putting in the files you kindly emailed to me a little while back, but still nothing appears.

I have probably done something in the wrong order or put something in the wrong place !

Would you perchance have a step by step guide for starting from scratch if I was to format my card and delete any TT files from my device ?

I have TT5, cd set, going onto a Windows mobile 6 phone.

I Have copies of the .cab files you sent for me last time I got stuck, cant find Liz anywhere though Very Happy

Many Thanks

Gerry

ps - I cant use Windows activesynch or TomTom Home to do any of this as it does not recognise the device when trying to install via the cd route.

( I have TT Home as I also own a TomTom 910 )
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The three files you need for the Liz voice are :

Data87.chk
Data87.vif
Data87.bmp

Try searching your PC for these three files, or check your e-mail Wink

I think there was an issue with some devices looking for the voices folder on the device memory rather than the storage card, check the My Documents folder on the PDA and is there a TomTom directory or Voices directory in this location. The voices folder could be a sub folder within the My Documents/ Voices folder but I am not 100% on this and don't have TTN5 running on any hardware currently to actually check this. f you locate a voices folder on the device try putting the above three files into it then you should be able to select Liz from within the TomTom application.

What version of Active Sync do you have on the PC? I think you need version 4,5 or higher to work with a WM6 device, I use Vista on the PC which has its own incarnation of software built in! You can download AS 4,5 from This Link (the download button is at the bottom of the page).
pyromaniac
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mike - just emailed you a reply to your message, in a nutshell - yes, when I moved the voice files from the storage card to the device memory they magically worked.
There is a tomtom folder in device memory, but i put the voice folder seperate from this and it found them ok.

Many thanks for your help.

Gerry

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: