Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - PGPSW TomTom Invitation?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

PGPSW TomTom Invitation?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bedbug
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 6:50 pm    Post subject: PGPSW TomTom Invitation? Reply with quote

Has anyone from PGPSW been invited to meet with TT on the 29th April, as at least one other GPS site has declared (who have asked their members to submit questions to be represented at the meeting)?

If so, please can you ask, on behalf of your members, for an official statement RE PDA/Smartphone/Navigator roadmap?

At this point I don't so much care if they will or won't continue to support the Navigator (or similar) customer base, but they damn well need to show a little more respect to their customers and tell them what their intentions are.

TT need to learn better to balance their obvious need to control announcements around future product development, with the fact that their loyal customers, having adopted their platform, are dependent upon their continued support to maintain the validity of their product; TT themselves state that 15% of roads change every year, meaning the latest version of Navigator is getting on for being 30% inaccurate if you assume it was 100% there when first introduced.

I'm not asking a phone manufacturer to announce my upgrade options ahead of time; I'm asking how I can pay to maintain my map-based software product so that it remains effective.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have a read of This Thread, it only details that Darren is going over to see TomTom but what forum section is it posted in, and is similar to your question above?

There are wide spread rumours on the Internet detailing a couple of new HTC PDA phones named Diamond and Raphael, also rumoured to contain Accelerometers and GPS, only time will tell if these devices are involved in anyway? - Mike
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know GPSPassion have claimed this is a community forum meet, that is not what I have been told. I'm given to understand some this is a large gathering of journalists and representatives from industry web-sites. I shall be representing PocketGPSWorld.

TomTom have not detailed what this event is about but it's being done with a big splash so who knows, it could be a simple announcement of their plans for the future. I suspect it is something else and I have an inkling that PocketPC may be in the mix someplace. Nothing definite, just some rumours, some other facts and an inkling. We'll know for sure Tuesday afternoon.
bedbug
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent news Darren,

Be sure to mention me by name - they're huge fans and it'll open a lot of doors for you!! Laughing

Seriously, grab 'em by the throat and don't let go until they 'fess up. Have a good trip.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: