Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TT720 Changing Start up image
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TT720 Changing Start up image

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PaulD76
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:27 pm    Post subject: TT720 Changing Start up image Reply with quote

Hey

Can anyone tell me how to change the start up pic on the TT Go720?

Ive located the splash file in the root directory, and created a new image with the same dimensions.. and copied it across, however i cannot locate it when I try to change it. What folder do i need to copy it into??

Very much enjoying the TT720. Bluetooth calls seem pretty good for me so no faults so far!
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm assuming you are using Windows Explorer to copy it across?

The original image will have been called "splashw.bmp" (if you cannot see the .bmp bit you need to change your settings in Windows Explorer Tools menu/Folder options/View tab - un-tick "hide extensions for known filetypes")
Find that (if you haven't overwritten it already) It will be in the "root" of the TT internal flash memory, (i.e. not in any folder) and re-name it to "splashw.bmp_old" or something.
You then need to name your new file "splashw.bmp" and put it in exactly the same place. If it is the right size and format, it SHOULD work.

For info the shutdown screen (which used to be called "suspendw.bmp" is now called "antitheftw.bmp". You can replace that with an image of your own too, but it will only show if you have "Warn not to leave the device in the car" ticked in page 1 of "Safety Preferences".

If you are still having troubles getting your picture to work, try opening up the original one in whatever paint program you are using and check all the properties, then match them on your new one.

If you've lost the original, there are plenty you can get the details from in this topic - just make sure you choose one of the widescreen ones (splashw.bmp) not the ones for the smaller models (splash.bmp).
PaulD76
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy

Yes I located the original start up screen and made a note of the dimensions and file type.. I then created a new file and copied it into the root folder. I guess i can rename the original one as an .OLD file and do it that way. There is an option to change the image and it has about 10 alternatives, but i cant find them when i search.

I will give this a try and im confident it will work!

cheers
shadamehr
Banned

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PaulD76 wrote:
Andy

Yes I located the original start up screen and made a note of the dimensions and file type.. I then created a new file and copied it into the root folder. I guess i can rename the original one as an .OLD file and do it that way. There is an option to change the image and it has about 10 alternatives, but i cant find them when i search.

I will give this a try and im confident it will work!

cheers

"Menu" - "Change Preferences" - then page through several pages to - "Start-up Preferences" - then answer the first question about what to do when first switched on - then the next question asks if you want to change the start up image.

It will then show you ALL the images it finds on the device, in the corresponding photos folder (NOT the root, if I recall correct, for setting them this way).

This is the other option for changing them, using images already on the device, in the photos folder, and using the device itself, no PC required (once images are already added, so i.e. out and about).

Hope this helps mate.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd forgotten that new feature...

What does it do about pictures in the wrong size/aspect ratio? Does it stretch/squash them, crop them or zoom out to show the whole pic with black surround??

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: