Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - cannot change position of poi
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

cannot change position of poi

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Points Of Interest (POIs)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
phil51
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:54 am    Post subject: cannot change position of poi Reply with quote

I have just got a tomtom 510 and have downloaded some pois, but the position of a Tescos near me is slightly out, so if I plotted a course to it I would be taken to a back street near it with no access. I changed the lat & long to the correct road with poiEdit and saved it back to my tomtom, but the position hasn't changed. As I am new to this I thought it would be that easy, but obviously not. What have I missed out
Thanks
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was this a custom POI or one that came with the map? (you can't change the latter one)

Also keep in mind that TomTom "snaps to road" , and "road" means "as TomTom knows it"- this may be different from the real life position.

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
phil51
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was a poi that i downloaded from this site. I have read in other posts that the position of some shops etc are placed exactly where the building is and not near the access road and that appears to be the situation here. After I have changed the lat & long to the proper position and saved it back to my pc and then my tomtom i have checked to make sure the new co-ordinates are correct in the file, but it still doesnt change the position of the shop on the map
aj2052
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phil51, Why dont you change it it the submit POIs database, then redownload, the facilty is there for that purpose and it helps everybody else

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Points Of Interest (POIs) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: