Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Registering Replacement!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Registering Replacement!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mikewall
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:42 pm    Post subject: Registering Replacement! Reply with quote

Mad What a pain! After my 520 died i got a 720! Home wouldn't let me register the new unit saying i have to contact CS (Again doh!) because you can only change your unit once in 6 months!
I had to scan my reciept and send it to TT and only then will they change the units over!
What a pain in the A***! This should be a bit simpler! After all they told me to take my unit back to retailer!
john877
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a faulty 720 which was returned !!

I think if you register it under a new email address this overcomes the problem this is what i did and had no problems .

I also own a Tomtom 500 which is registered on another email address

I should have also added you have to create another account for the additional sat nav with the new email address
mikewall
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats all well and good but i have a TT safety camera subscription that i've paid for (foolishly Laughing Out Loud) so i gonna use that for the year, then use the far far better one on here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikewall wrote:
Thats all well and good but i have a TT safety camera subscription that i've paid for

Mike, sorry to go off on one, but could you PLEASE do me a favour and do the following three demo runs and tell me what cameras you get reported by the TT?

From N51,52311, W2.04309 to N51.53771, W1.99239
From N51.54975, W2.56037 to N51.51985, W2.63476
From N51.50527, W2.49120 to N51.50196, W2.50938

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
john877
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its all about confidence that the safety camera information is correct and after testing the tomtom safety camera alerts I quickly released that the pocketgps warnings were so much better .

I myself would try to go down the line off " I purchased a Tomtom and it was faulty please refund my camera subscription " then sign up to a better one in my opinion
mikewall
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok dennis i'll do it later, Good thinking i'll give it a go! only prob is i brought a card not use my visa! but i'll give it a good shout Laughing Out Loud
mikewall
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DennisN wrote:
mikewall wrote:
Thats all well and good but i have a TT safety camera subscription that i've paid for

Mike, sorry to go off on one, but could you PLEASE do me a favour and do the following three demo runs and tell me what cameras you get reported by the TT?

From N51,52311, W2.04309 to N51.53771, W1.99239
From N51.54975, W2.56037 to N51.51985, W2.63476
From N51.50527, W2.49120 to N51.50196, W2.50938

Ok so nada, zip,nothing, not a single camera in sight! ta for the heads up Dennis. 9 points possibly Laughing Out Loud
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, Mike, you've got lots to go, that's only three points. The first two areas on the motorways have several cameras on TT's old data, but there are now no cameras there (new devices are carrying the old data, presumably an update drops them). But the third one is a mobile which is definitely alive and healthy.

M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DennisN wrote:
No, Mike, you've got lots to go, that's only three points. The first two areas on the motorways have several cameras on TT's old data, but there are now no cameras there (new devices are carrying the old data, presumably an update drops them). But the third one is a mobile which is definitely alive and healthy.

Mike said he didn't get any alerts. You imply that he should have on the first two runs. What's up doc? Or am I missing something?
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

M8TJT wrote:
DennisN wrote:

Mike said he didn't get any alerts. You imply that he should have on the first two runs. What's up doc? Or am I missing something?
You are missing something. I gave him three routes, the first two on a device just sold (January 2008) contain cameras - they are NOT there and it would seem he's had an update from TT which removes them. The third run where he also found no cameras actually contains a mobile camera (a definite, not a possible, it's in our database and I have personally reported seeing it several times over this last year) which TT don't have in their database.

Clearly, whilst TomTom have sorted out some on the M4 and M5, their claim of mobile cameras is not substantiated.

mikewall
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes
Specs cameras at M27/M3 area are missing too! OK dennis i get your point TT database is lacking! TT mobile sites are non entitys! should of carried on my subscription when i had it!

On this sites database do you get the camera icon on the map and the speed in top left corner or just the speed icon? and is this sites a group of poi files or do you replace the TT alerts?

ta mike
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our cameras are a set of POIS and they show on the map at all times (not just when they are warning you like the TT ones) and flash up at top left. The icons are much more understandable AND you can have a spoken warning, announcing the type of camera and speed at whatever distance rings your bell. Unless you absolutely love the TT ones, when you use ours, you dump theirs. I could go on ....

BUT if you are driving around the M27, A27, M3, A3M without our camera database and rely on the TomTom one, all I can say is WATCH YOUR SPEED ALL THE TIME. I know you do that anyway, but do it more!! Very Happy

mikewall
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes

What a hassle! The reason i showed no cameras is that ive lost ALL the TT database! even the free ones! If i go into the safety camera menu on my 720 i just get the message to subscribe via home! the report icon is greyed out! TT Customer Support have changed my device code over to this unit my account shows the subscription to safety cameras, and home says there on my device! but not one shows! I also dont get quick gps fix download, i tried to update my map to see if my device is recognised as active and that worked saying i have latest map (before it told me to contact CS to change device code)

Also my 720 sometimes says Do you want to connect to computer when i turn on when connected to cigar lighter! and i get the auto shut down message when i have connection(its not disconecting) i've also tried turning the option to turn off if power is lost on and off! just done factory reset and normal reset! anyone shed some light on these issues or is it back to comet?

Ta in advance Mike

ps Not having much luck with TomTom!!
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get the charger socket in your vehicle checked out as it might be this that isn't making good contact, although offering to connect to a PC when its in the car is not a good sign. I might be thinking about a return and swap it for another one - Mike
mikewall
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crying or Very sad

2 different trucks used cigar sockets and accessory plugs (2 on scania trucks use different plug) turned option to shut down off! Nor another divice code change! doh

Can see me subscribing here sooner than planned Laughing Out Loud

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: