Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Disable 920 Saftey Cameras in favour of PGPS
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Disable 920 Saftey Cameras in favour of PGPS
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tobas
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 12:23 pm    Post subject: Disable 920 Saftey Cameras in favour of PGPS Reply with quote

I am quite capable of installing the pocketgpsworld safety cameras, setting up warnings, etc. However, in the folder already are some speed camera ov2 files. I assume these are the ones tomtom supply/maintain (if I paid their subscription). Can I just delete the existing files? Do I need to do anything on the 920 before I delete them?

Unfortunately running 7.48 with no backup but being honest, no obvious problems as reported elsewhere. I have the map up-to-date problem (710 loaded, 715 should be available and unit only 4 days old) but tomtom have got back to my online question in hours and are adding it to my account.
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it might be better to take the TT Files out with HOME.

Use the Menu for Remove items from my Device.

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take a look at the TomTom FAQs topic HERE in this forum.

Number 13 is what you need, but if you haven't seen it, may I suggest you read them all, especially #1!
Hectorsgaf
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 5:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Disable 920 Saftey Cameras in favour of PGPS Reply with quote

Tobas wrote:
I am quite capable of installing the pocketgpsworld safety cameras, setting up warnings, etc. However, in the folder already are some speed camera ov2 files. I assume these are the ones tomtom supply/maintain (if I paid their subscription). Can I just delete the existing files? Do I need to do anything on the 920 before I delete them?

Unfortunately running 7.48 with no backup but being honest, no obvious problems as reported elsewhere. I have the map up-to-date problem (710 loaded, 715 should be available and unit only 4 days old) but tomtom have got back to my online question in hours and are adding it to my account.

Interesting - my map version ( had the TT 1 day ) is v710.1576 been to TT Home and it says I am running the latest map. Are you saying that this is wrong and that I should contact them?

Thanks
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes you should have been offered v715 maps, but there are many people who've had the same problem as you where Home says you already have the latest ones.
Ring TomTom and ask them to put the new maps onto your account.

(By the way, better to have started a new topic rather than hijack this one as your question isn't about the safety cameras)
Hectorsgaf
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_P2002 wrote:

Number 13 is what you need, but if you haven't seen it, may I suggest you read them all, especially #1!

All the screen shots on no 13 seem different to the 920
Seems easy enough to navigate to though and remove the TT camera uk bits from the POIs
Hectorsgaf
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_P2002 wrote:

(By the way, better to have started a new topic rather than hijack this one as your question isn't about the safety cameras)

Sorry - bit new to this Embarassed
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hectorsgaf wrote:
Andy_P2002 wrote:

All the screen shots on no 13 seem different to the 920
Seems easy enough to navigate to though and remove the TT camera uk bits from the POIs

Ah apologies, it's not that the 920 is different, its that those screenshots are of an old version of Home. Maybe the team need to point that out or do a new version for Home 2.

Quote:
Sorry - bit new to this

No worries... it wasn't meant to come over as a moan. I've made a rather more welcoming reply in your other post! It's just you see how we're now taking over in here? Laughing
Tobas
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks all, I did search the site for help on it but obviously used the wrong keywords. Sorted now.
Hectorsgaf
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 8:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Disable 920 Saftey Cameras in favour of PGPS Reply with quote

Tobas wrote:

Are they letting you update all 3 maps? Guam, West Eur and USA etc. If so, let me know as it will had power to my arguments on Monday. Thanks
Tobas
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Disable 920 Saftey Cameras in favour of PGPS Reply with quote

Hectorsgaf wrote:
Are they letting you update all 3 maps? Guam, West Eur and USA etc. If so, let me know as it will had power to my arguments on Monday. Thanks

They have replied to say they have added europe 715 to my account. I'll check later tonight what they've actually made available.

In reply to their 715 available message, I have asked them if there are any other updates available that I should get under the latest map guarantee. I have yet to get an answer to that and I've yet to connect my 920 to see what they have actually added to my account. I'll be back later tonight ...
Hectorsgaf
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I rang them today. Didn't seem to be a problem but they asked me to send a copy of the purchase invoice. Reasonable request but I couldn't fax to Holland ( yes Holland ) from work so they sent me a contact email to home. I have replied and sent a scanned copy via TT Home. I also documented 'an insistence' that they make v715 available for ALL 3 maps on my 920. Will let you know how I get on.

Surely it is only right that they make the latest version of ALL installed maps available as stipulated in the documentation that comes with the unit.
Hectorsgaf
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just had an email saying that they are 'escalating it to the plus administration' and email further when they have an answer.

Exciting isn't it? (Not )
Tobas
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're going to like this one. Hooked up the 920 to tomtom home and brilliant, western europe and USA updates available. So there's me thinking yup, that's it, they've sorted it all out. Oh no, the USA map is about 500MB, yes MB, larger than the one already installed and it simply don't fit. TTHome says I need to remove 117MB before it will fit on but only gives me a choice of about 50MB to remove. I had already deleted loads of voices I didn't want and the safety cameras so it had 435MB free before the update.

Anyway, I'm updating my european map because that will fit.

Any ideas how I'm supposed to update them both???
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get an SD card, SDHC types will work with no problems upto 4GB, above that capacity and you need to use a card reader of the correct type to install the data to the card, the TomTom can read these larger cards, it just makes a mess or writing to them.
It will use the card memory in addition to its own internal memory, so all you do is add the map to the SD card and the device will see it and therefore use it.
I use an 8GB Peak SDHC card in my 720 and it is fine if you stay within the above constraints, plus point is loads of capacity for music - Mike

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: