Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - hi there from the uk
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

hi there from the uk

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
napes2000
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 10:29 pm    Post subject: hi there from the uk Reply with quote

very new at this satnav stuff and have a couple of questions...
just bought viamichelin v3.3 for my palm pda.
q1 will the speed camera poi's work with my version?
q2 the postcode input seems quite ancient as you need to input the road as well. how to you find something such as slimbridge wetlands centre that doeasnt have a road? its just in slimbridge with a post code.

looks like a good site you have here.....should keep me busy for ages!!!

kind regards

napes2000 (bristol uk)
tanda
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, First of all, there is a ViaMichelin section just here with loads of advice for you.

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewforum&f=65

I think the database on here will work, you need the "asc" file download.

As for finding slimbridge, or anywhere else for that matter, look on a map, or there website, which is here

http://www.wwt.org.uk/howtofindus/214/how_to_find_us.html

and go to the "How to find us", part, and zoom in on the map, slimbridge is on Newgrounds Lane, put Newgrounds Lane in the satnav, and it should take you there. or, some sat navs, you can tap the screen and say "Navigate to here", don't know if you can do that on yours, but if you can, tap on the road, not on slimbridge, as the sat nav may say it can't take you there, it needs to direct you via the roads, so if you tap the middle of a blank space, no roads, it can't take you there. About 2 years ago, I looked on Google maps for Milton Keynes Bowl, I looked on the Milton Keynes Bowl website and looked at the map, and the google map, and found the Bowl on the sat nav, and saved it as a favorite( Save the road, not the field etc), then it just took me there, that was with ViaMichelin on a PDA, I have a TomTom ONE now, Hope this helps.
aj2052
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even better.when you have located it(them) why dont you submitt it to the POIs, they are easily downlaoded in the future and increases the database.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: