Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom Maps of Western Europe - Detail Level
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom Maps of Western Europe - Detail Level

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bobthebodger
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:54 pm    Post subject: TomTom Maps of Western Europe - Detail Level Reply with quote

Can anybody tell me if the TomTom Navigator 6 "Map of Western Europe" contains the same level of detail for Great Britain, as the specific "Great Britain and R.O.I." map? Thanks.
alan_sh
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it does
aj2052
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No it does not,
for a start it does not contain waterways in the uk, it also depend on the issue, in my area WE V675 Build 1322(Navteq) is more uptodate roadwise than WE V675 Build 1409(Teleatlas) and the UK 675 V1409 also the aforementioned WE is only 912 & 922Mb against the UK V675 1409 246Mb, I personally have both UK 1409 and WE 1322 so that I can switch to get the best of both worlds.
bobthebodger
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok - thanks. That is what I expected
alan_sh
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh OK. Personally, I have never driven down the waterways so I wouldn't have noticed that.

The WE one does OK for me. I have one for V5 and one for V6 and they both seem to be good enough.

Alan
aj2052
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah!, So your the one who drives down railway lines at level crossings and I presume you now drive around in a Wet suit, but seriously people do drive to them and I only gave the facts as the OP asked not wrong opinions. and incedently I have driven down a waterway in a narrowboat.
pendlemac
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It appears the raw data does have waterways but someone ( possibly TomTom ) has removed it.

This is obvious from the area around Market Harborough. I'm using the WE map v660.1219 and it shows the arm of the Grand Union canal from the town to Foxton ( including the bottom basin of the inclined plane ) but not the rest of the GU! Very Happy
aj2052
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For your information WE 675 1322 Does not show any water whatsover around foxton not even the MH arm, neither does it show the Massive Watermead water park at Thurmaston, but UK 675 1409 shows all the canal and arm around Foxton I traced from North kilworth to newton harcourt and Watermead Park, both in great detail and both well deserve a POI to route to and are both well visited places, conversly WE 675 1322 shows the major road rerouting around The Rushes in Loughborough but UK 675 1409 does not and these done a few years ago. I dont think from memory WE 675 1409 shows any more and shows the old roads in the Rushes at Loughborough, sorry didnt relaod to doublecheck these.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: