Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TT920 Inconsistent behaviour, with PGPSW Alerts
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TT920 Inconsistent behaviour, with PGPSW Alerts

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sdm197
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:42 pm    Post subject: TT920 Inconsistent behaviour, with PGPSW Alerts Reply with quote

Hi All,

I know we've done to death the fact that the TT units can turn off your audio alerts (Found answers by searching this forum), but my unit has been very strange the last few days.

I first experienced problems when I had connected to TT Home and it removed all my warnings (text to speech) which I had manually typed out all 73 of them! But when I looked on the unit you could see they were not going to work because on the warn when near set up screen the speaker icon was no longer to the left of the PGPSW camera file. Thanks to Dennis N, he pointed me in the right direction and I downloaded the ones from here which saved me a lot of grief (The Ogg Files).

Now I was out driving the other day and noticed that I had lost the audio alerts again, after many phone calls using the bluetooth facility. However this time the unit was still giving audio directions perfectly, normally I lose all audio. Eventually the unit hung on a phone call, the well documented bug when the speech gets stuck like a broken record. I turned the unit off then on again and hey presto all was well again. But the icons (Speaker were next to the PGPSW camera files were still showing)

Well yesterday it happened again (Speaker icons still showing), now I tried everything to get the audio back rebooting the unit, nothing worked, it was flashing the Icons the new ones by Gerry C (Thanks Gerry) top left hand corner when approaching the camera, but no audio. So I came home connected it to my PC backed up the cfg file just in case I lost anything by connecting to TT Home, and I connected to Home to get the mapshare updates. Well after I had done this the audio now was working I had followed Andy P's and Dennis N's instructions (Thanks guys) for installing the ogg files, and ran the unit in demo mode to make sure they were working, but I just cannot understand why they were lost. They were back without resorting to using the cfg file.

All Replies Welcome,

Steve
sdm197
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All,

The unit seems to be working ok for the time being, I'm surprised nobody else has had this problem.

I have been avoiding connecting it to TT Home in case this is causing problems, although this started without any intervention from TT Home.

By Luck/Design or coincidence it went away, after I had connected to TT Home.

Steve.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish I could provide some insight but I have one of each of the x20's, all connect to HOME on a regular basis and I have only ever lost the alerts once.
Sema_4
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:58 pm    Post subject: TT920 forgetting PO ogg alerts Reply with quote

My 920 is exhibiting the same kind of behaviour and it's starting to irritate me.

I spent 20 mins setting up all the ogg warning sounds just how I wanted them, they work fine for a few days, then one day I notice no alerts and when I check the 'warn when near' screen, the speaker icons are no longer showing next to the speed camera warnings.

I programmed them all back in again, works for a few days, and the exact same thing happened again, all warnings deleted.

I don't know if it's a 'home' update thats causing it, or what, but it's a real pain.

I tried searching the forum for 'TT 920 forgetting poi warning sounds' and lots of variations of that, but I can find nothing that discusses the matter.

Can anyone point me in the right direction please ?

Is there a file I can 'back up' so I can simply restore it if this should happen again ? I'm getting fed up programming them all back in time after time after time...
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mapsettings.cfg is the file you want to backup. You will find it in your map folder. Set-up your warning as you wish then take a backup of the file.
If they go awry again just copy the backup file across and the settings will be restored.

Does this issue coincide with having been connected to HOME?
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren wrote:

Does this issue coincide with having been connected to HOME?

Usually, but not always...
Sema_4
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the 'mapsettings.cfg' info, much obliged!

It is possible that it's 'home update' related, first time it happened I wrote it off as a glitch, but now it's happened three times it's becoming clear I need to pay a little more attention to this.

I now intend to get 'methodical' about it, I will check my 'warn when near settings' both before and after, connection to 'home', before and after every journey and after using my mobile phone, will post my findings for the benefit of others.
GerryC
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren wrote:
I wish I could provide some insight but I have one of each of the x20's, all connect to HOME on a regular basis and I have only ever lost the alerts once.

I believe you are the ONLY person who actually wants this to happen on his device. Shocked

Haven't had the alerts go recently but it did loose about half my custom settings fairly randomly last time. Took a few days to realise some of the changes.
Brodit ProClip mount
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to identify what if anything is the common denominator. I connect to HOME frequently (in the course of testing, not by choice!) and haven't had the frequent issues others have had which makes the diagnosis all the more difficult.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: