Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TT700 Error in selecting OGG files to play with PPGS cams
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TT700 Error in selecting OGG files to play with PPGS cams

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
emp2
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:39 pm    Post subject: TT700 Error in selecting OGG files to play with PPGS cams Reply with quote

TTGO700
App 7.162 (8492/1121) OS:2327
GPS v1.21, Boot 5.4201
Map: 'Western_Europe' v710.1561

Hi, can anyone offer an opinion on this one please as I am having a real "battle" with TT support.

I've loaded the latest OS v7.162 and now when I want to select an OGG file to pay with the speed camera files, the device doesn't play the file for me to be able to confirm that’s the one I need.

Here's what I'm doing....

1) Tap the screen, and select change preferences.
2) Tap the arrow and pick manage POI's
3) Tap on Warn when near POI
4) Select the POI that I wish to change i.e PPGS Speed camera warning
5) I get a message asking if I want to remove the warning, I respond 'No'
6) I then get the option to change the distance for the warning.
7) I then get asked if this is the sound I want to select - I do not hear anything at all, so I respond ‘No’
8) I then get a message saying "No photos found" - what?? Photos?? - what is this all about it's totally crazy.
9) I cannot do anything at all - no back button, no cancel, nothing. All I can do is switch the unit off.
10) When I switch it back on it returns to the same screen, i.e. the one saying No photos found.
11) All I can then do is push the rest button in the bottom of the device to get it to re-boot.
12) If I try and select ‘Yes’ in point 5) above, I then return to the previous screen.
13) Going through the same procedure as above and selecting the POI that I have just removed the warning for, results in the same problem. Nothing is heard at all.

TT Support claim that as the Speed Camera warnings and OGG files are third party files, they don't want to know. Not very helpful as IMO the problem is with their software and not the so called third party files.

Just for interest, when I used version 6.xx of the software all was fine, now having 'upgraded', there’s a problem but TT Support say it's not their problem.

Thanks to anyone who can assist me with the frustrating annoyance.

emp2
if1977
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everything you are doing is correct exept when you get to number 7 where it says (is this the sound you want to select) you should answer YES. Because the name of the sound is the same as the speed camera it picks it up automatically although you do not hear anything and as you have noticed selecting NO causes a bug in the system and the only way round it is a RESET. So at number 7 select YES although you dont hear anything and it should work OK. Smile
GO 510 (in drawer now, time for upgrade)
emp2
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ian,

Thanks for your reply and confirmation that there is a bug in the software - something that Tom Tom Support refuse to accept! The reason I wanted to hear the sound file play was simply to be certain that the correct file was being played, call me cynical, but I tend to rely on the spoken message to advise of the speed limit rather than peering at the screen whilst driving so being able to hear the file that will be played was more for re-assurance than anything else.

Maybe a future release will resolve this point.

Thanks for your advice

emp2
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The trouble is, this automatic matching of a sound file with the same name as the POI file is an undocumented feature. Most TT support people will never have heard of it.

In fairness to us, it does specifically mention this bug in the instructions at the bottom of the ogg files collection page HERE.

If you really want to audition the files first, you can use the alternative method, where you put all the speed camera .ogg files into a folder called "sounds". You can then select them and preview them on the normal sound effects page.
The only problem with that method is that unless you shorten the names first, it is hard to work out which is which as it only shows the first half of the filenames. It also ONLY works with v7 software.
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_P2002 wrote:
The trouble is, this automatic matching of a sound file with the same name as the POI file is an undocumented feature. Most TT support people will never have heard of it.
It might be undocumented, but it was TT themselves who alerted us to the feature.

I refer you to This Post.

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I know.... But my point was that TT are not terribly good about informing their first line tech. support about these things.

I remember when I first got my 720 (and I certainly didn't get one as soon as they came out), I had to explain to them that there was no Product Number for the map any more.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: