Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Avoid Ferries?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Avoid Ferries?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Toneloc427
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 4:46 pm    Post subject: Avoid Ferries? Reply with quote

I've been making a couple of trips across a very large lake lately, and each time my TomTom tells me to take the ferry. I don't want to do this, so I "avoid part of route" and it tells me to take the other ferry, which I also want to avoid...

Seems to me that there used to be an "Avoid Ferries" option in the route planning preferences. Has this disappeared, moved, or am I confusing this with one of my other satnavs?

My TomTom now asks me if I want to avoid "Toll Roads" and "Dirt Roads" if they are part of the planned route, but no prompt for ferries.

On an unrelated note, I just noticed that the "Car Preferences" icon is grayed out, and has been since new. What is this?

Thanks!
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't help with the "Avoid ferries" (Dirt roads is a new one on us Europeans too!), but the "Car Preferences" icon was intended for some future "permanent car connect" add-on hardware that hasn't appeared yet.
Toneloc427
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info on the Car icon, Andy; I can stop worrying about what I'm "missing" that TomTom stripped for the NA market. Smile
Toneloc427
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can anyone even confirm that there used to be an "avoid ferries" option? No sense in me wondering what happened to something that was never actually there.

I'm afraid I might just be incorrectly remembering a feature from some other device.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: