Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - 520 stuck and xulrunner
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

520 stuck and xulrunner
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
spannersatcx
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:24 pm    Post subject: 520 stuck and xulrunner Reply with quote

Just got a replacement 520 due battery problems.

I connected new 520 up to TomTom Home, application and map updates carried out, then went to operate my go in home and got xulrunner.exe has encountered a problem. Have uninstalled and reinstalled numerous times, no help.

TT will not go past the splash screen, normally the next screen is to input security code. Have reset numerous times from 1 sec to 1 min, no help.

When I connect it to a pc it doesn't ask to connect yes or no I end up with a screen with a picture of go in the middle and TomTom GO 520 in the top right hand corner. PC sees it and it looks like everything is there, map application etc.

When I launch TThome it keeps wanting to download the latest application, the screen on the go then has a red cross and hand (i.e. do not remove from dock and a flashing disk drive I think.

Go to show contents and application and map(710) etc show, go to operate my go and it has to download a file to operate, do that and just at the end I get the xulrunner.exe has.... I am then unable to do anything with the go. reset it and it gets stuck on the splash screen etc etc.

Tried restore and that didn't work.

Read various threads on here and have done what they say to no avail, one says turn bluetooth off, it was on but now I can't access the go to do this, one suggested use version 1.xx of home but can't find that anywhere.

Anybody got any ideas, please Crying or Very sad
if1977
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is just a thought of what you have wrote. When it says it wants to download the latest application, let it do that and you might be able to install it right after and that might get it functioning again. Just an idea though.
GO 510 (in drawer now, time for upgrade)
spannersatcx
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, tried that and it didn't work. After TThome crashing, next time I start it up it wants to download the application again!
if1977
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Again i am not sure but if it is trying to download the app i think i heard someone say that if you delete the files (NOT FOLDERS) in the root of your TT then goto update my go in Home it will let you download the app again but this might be different this time because you have removed the previous app first. Maybe someone can verify this or have i got my wires crossed.

Would also say that if they sent you a REPLACEMENT unit would you not need to set up new e-mail addresses and things as it will have a different device code. again not sure but heard this somewhere before i think.
GO 510 (in drawer now, time for upgrade)
spannersatcx
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Would also say that if they sent you a REPLACEMENT unit would you not need to set up new e-mail addresses and things as it will have a different device code. again not sure but heard this somewhere before i think.
Yes the product has been registered by TomTom to my account so that is working normally.
dhn
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

spannersatcx wrote:
Quote:
Yes the product has been registered by TomTom to my account so that is working normally.

When I encountered the xulrunner error with my 720, this is the solution provided by TT Support, North America, which worked:

-------
With unit on and docked, power up TomTom Home desktop sofware.
On top menu, select Preferences/TomTom Mapshare/Delete Updates (or whatever the exact wording is, I don't have the software here).

Check BOTH boxes you see in the next screen and save (Apply?)

Try the Updating again. Should work.

Problem was a recent corrupted mapshare file blocking further updates.

--------

If our situation is different, then I'm sorry I couldn't be of assistance.
spannersatcx
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks dhn, tried that, still the same I'm afraid.

I have a backup from the previous go that had a battery problem, is it worth trying a restore of that or is the product/device code in there somewhere that would prevent the application/map working.

Or have I got to take this one back as well?
dhn
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spannersatcx wrote:
Thanks dhn, tried that, still the same I'm afraid.

I have a backup from the previous go that had a battery problem, is it worth trying a restore of that or is the product/device code in there somewhere that would prevent the application/map working.

Or have I got to take this one back as well?

My understanding is that restoring that backup won't work as maps, when activated, are 'locked' to a specific device id, not just a type of tomtom unit.
spannersatcx
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anybody know where to get a previous version of home from (1.6) I'd like to try that see if that helps.
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

spannersatcx wrote:
Anybody know where to get a previous version of home from (1.6) I'd like to try that see if that helps.
It used to be on the CD that came in 'the box'.

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
spannersatcx
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ha ha it still is, has'nt solved anything though. Crying or Very sad Looks like I'll have to take it back for another replacement. Mad
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you read through all of This Thread? there are a few suggestions later in the thread about deleting a file on the PC to recover the unit - I appreciate the latest version of Home should have fixed this error, but for some reason it hasn't worked for you. - Mike
spannersatcx
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I have worked through a lot of this already, one of the problems I have is I can not get in to turn off bluetooth, it was on before it all went wrong, are there any files anywhere than can be edited to turnoff bluetooth.

Will continue to work through the thread, but I think I diod most of it already.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not sure why you need to turn off bluetooth?

Not sure which of the many sets of recovery instructions you've followed, but the gist of them all is that if you delete all the LOOSE files (not any folders!) then Home should try to reload software off one of your already downloaded versions, and if you delete all the files in the My Documents\TomTom\HOME\Downloads\program folder on your PC, Home will download a new software version.
spannersatcx
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Numerous threads/post say that one of the causes of the xulrunner thing is bluetooth being on. Exclamation

I have deleted the files (not folders) and they get reloaded/reinstalled, the last time I got a few screens up, select language, voice and then on the 2nd page of what warnings or instructions, road names and things, select done and it locks up. Next start gets stuck on splash screen again.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: