Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Please help me.
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Please help me.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dajackal1088
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 5:39 pm    Post subject: Please help me. Reply with quote

I have got a job in North Carolina. Before this I was in Alabama. And now I am planning to shift there. But before moving to North Carolina I want to know from where I can get selective
tips and guidance for better driving to avoid police car speed traps, speed cameras and other problems associated with driving. If anyone knows the correct ways to guide me, please do drop in your comments.
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have posted this in the Drive Smart section which is regarding Drive Smart products not a guide to "Smart Driving".

The forum is mainly an unofficial support forum for GPS Products however we also have our own Safety Camera database which subscribers can download and use. To use this database you'll need a GPS unit that can load third party POIs such as a TomTom or Garmin automotive GPS (Sat Nav). It'll then alert you to safety cameras in your vicinity. Please note the use of this sort of data is restricted in some states. Observe local laws. Click here to see how many cameras are covered in the US (not many).

Other than that learn the rules of the road / highway and stick to them. Drive carefully as the conditions dictate.

Moved to Beginners GPS Lounge
JacsonMark
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 1:07 pm    Post subject: Re:Please help me. Reply with quote

First of all, all the best to you in your new job. It really gets to the nerves when we have to change our jobs, but growth is the result of hard work. Regarding about the traffic rules and ways on roads, you can go for some books or keep an eye for information on the net. But if you really like to be aware of the lurking dangers like speed cameras and the various methods to empty your pocket, take a look at trapster .This site alerts you of the cameras on traffic signals and much more. You would really thank me after going for this.

Anyways I expect you to do that later, cause “Give a man a fish; he'll eat for a day. Teach a man how to fish; he'll eat for a lifetime”
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our safety camera database for the US is growing rapidly. We have onky this morning added 1500 redlight camera locations in the US.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: