Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - BMW 2005 Pro SatNav. Speed Cameras ?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

BMW 2005 Pro SatNav. Speed Cameras ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
trapper
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 7:03 pm    Post subject: BMW 2005 Pro SatNav. Speed Cameras ? Reply with quote

Hi and Merry Christmas to one and all.

If the Mods think this is in the wrong forum please change its location...

I was downloading the new database to my wife's TT1 when I noticed the reference to BMW in the list of files, I have a 2005 530d BMW running Professional SatNav and never thought it was possible to install speed cameras as it is a DVD system.

Has anyone on this forum any experience of using the 'Pimp-My-Nav' programme Question Does it work okay and is it straightforward to use Question
It seems a bit silly to have the BMW system and still stick the Navman on the screen just so I can have speed camera POI's Exclamation

ANY thoughts on the above will be very appreciated.

I am having the dealer update my idrive software which should include the SatNav system as well so I will need to check the version after the update.
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i've not used it (i have a fiesta Confused) but it is meant to be a very simple process that doesn't require any difficult skills...

MaFt
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have a read through This Then try a PM to BMW330, IIRC he is around 12 hours difference to the UK time clock - Mike
BMW330
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:54 am    Post subject: Re: BMW 2005 Pro SatNav. Speed Cameras ? Reply with quote

trapper wrote:
Hi and Merry Christmas to one and all.

If the Mods think this is in the wrong forum please change its location...

I was downloading the new database to my wife's TT1 when I noticed the reference to BMW in the list of files, I have a 2005 530d BMW running Professional SatNav and never thought it was possible to install speed cameras as it is a DVD system.

Has anyone on this forum any experience of using the 'Pimp-My-Nav' programme Question Does it work okay and is it straightforward to use Question
It seems a bit silly to have the BMW system and still stick the Navman on the screen just so I can have speed camera POI's Exclamation

ANY thoughts on the above will be very appreciated.

I am having the dealer update my idrive software which should include the SatNav system as well so I will need to check the version after the update.

Shouldn't be any problem with your vehicle's navigation system if it's a 2005. However if you've not updated your map since buying the vehicle, then you'll need to do so to get it working with the PGPSW cameras, as support for custom POI is only possible with maps from 2006 onwards.

On that note, BMW have been offering a trade-in deal over the past few months, whereby you can buy the new map for half price if you hand in the old one.

The most common issues people have using Pimp-My-Nav are the following:

Not burning the new DVD at a slow enough speed
    Using the wrong media (DVD+R media is incompatible)

http://www.x5world.com has a very good navigation FAQ which might be worth a read if you are new to this.

Cheers
trapper
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your replies, I am having the latest software update which should include updating the SatNav software Smile but not the mapping Crying or Very sad

I have emailed my dealer re the DVD P/X offer and will see what he comes back with. I did check a few posts on the X5 forum and get the idea it may be possible to show POI Icons but they will not have audible alerts which is an important part of keeping a clean license, only if your eyes are glued to the speedo are you safe these days Exclamation

It may be cheaper to keep my old Navman but it seems such a shame with such a posh SatNav sitting there doing Diddley Squat.

I will see what the results are from the update and dealer reply.

Happy New Year All.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: