Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TTN6 - Nokia N95 8GB - How do you install?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TTN6 - Nokia N95 8GB - How do you install?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SimonCatlin
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:25 pm    Post subject: TTN6 - Nokia N95 8GB - How do you install? Reply with quote

Am I being stupid? I know the TTN6 on my N80 had to be installed by selecting the Memory Card, but on the N95 8Gb version, there is effectively no memory card. So is there a cheats way to install?

I have scoured the forums and no one has asked before...
Thanks
Simon
SimonCatlin
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please can anyone help?

We know this runs to a memory card, but not a mass storage as in the 95 8Gb. Is there a way of extracting the installation from the DVD? I have tried but it says unable to install.
SimonCatlin
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally cracked it. Install the USB cable for the N95 8GB into your PC. Select Data Transfer, not PC Suite. The Mass Storage will now be identified as a removeable disk, just like usinga card reader.
TomTom Home sees this as a Unknown Drive. Tell it which version of the software you wish to install to it, such as Symbian S60r3 in the N95 case and then you can go to town.

One word of advice. Make sure that you have ALL your Product codes recorded manually. TomTom have just advised me that after a year you cannot use/see them using Plus Services. They also have no way of recovering them. I checked my order and my invoice and the product code is not recorded on there neither.
philpugh
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure what you mean here.

Via the website I can still see my TTN V5 original product code along with my TTN V6 code. The V5 code was first activated on 15/8/05 and again in March the year after. The V6 code is coming up to it's first year (10/1/07). All this from the site.

I can get the original activation codes from here as well.

If they didn't have records of this then they wouldn't be able to check for illegal use would they?
SimonCatlin
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In September 2006, I bought US South Eastern Maps from the Plus Service. This showed under My TomTom, Plus Maps for one year. At the end of that year, the Map stops becoming available for download and the product code also vanishes. I changed my phone a few weeks ago and installed the "USA" map onto my new phone from my PC (NOT TomTom Plus or Home), but the product code was not avalable on My TomTom.

On checking with TomTom I was advised that the product code was only available for the same length of time as the download was available, which is one year.

I have managed to get the product code (thanks to TomTom checking an old system) and it is all working. As to the "illegal" copy, I best guess you seak to TomTom on that one.
The moral of the story is store the product codes in a text file on the handset!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: