Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Contact Manager will not recognise 970T Windows Vista OS
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Contact Manager will not recognise 970T Windows Vista OS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
franchise_mark
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 4:58 pm    Post subject: Contact Manager will not recognise 970T Windows Vista OS Reply with quote

Hi I'm very new to this. I have searched previous posts, but cannot find an answer to my problem. Sorry if I've missed something obvious.

My OS is Vista Home Premium. I received a new X970T Europe New Edition yesterday. The SD card installed in the unit OK. I followed the instructions to load the software, and the first odd thing was that initially the X970T was not recognised. After a while MS Mobile Device Centre launched itself and then the VM software carried on. I was able to register the product and have a quick look at Contact Manager before I logged out.

Subsequently Contact Manager failed to recognise the unit again. I read the PDF manual and unplugged every other USB device, except the cable broadband connection, and tried different USB ports to no avail. Returning to an earlier Restore Point didn't help. After reading many other posts here, I uninstalled the software, and started again. The same thing happened, and I was given a second activation code. This time I tried to use Contact Manager to load some MP3 files to the unit, but could not open new folders or transfer files. On one occasion it said the map was too big. After logging out, Contact Manager is again unable to recognise the X970T.

A couple of other things happened at around the same time. The Windows update process told me that Service Pack 1 was available for .Net framework 1.1, but it failed to install, and my AVG free version failed to download an update. I have since found fixes for these two issues, but it seems a huge coincidence. Vista has given me lots of fun, and I do wonder whether the software is compatible with Vista.

Any help or guidance would be really appreciated. The unit works very well, but I am currently unable to update or load MP3 files.

Thanks

Mark
gardenshed
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello m8, i dont have your unit but i do have vista, there are a couple of options i can see that you could try
1 run in computability mode, ie if it worked in xp, run the program in xp computability
2 bit longer to achieve but very worth while, partition your hard drive and run xp on one and vista on the other, ofcourse you need a copy of xp, i used the copy of my old pc, dead easy to do and took about 30mins to configure pc, now i can use either os, gone are the days when a favourite program no longer works Laughing Laughing
gardenshed
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i meant compatibility Embarassed ofcourse
franchise_mark
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gardenshed

Thanks for your suggestions. If all else fails, I will certainly try the compatibility route. Sadly my hard drive on the old computer died, and with no disks, I lost XP with it.

Digging around on the VM site did unearth an patch/update to V7.0.2 which does promise "... improve the operation of.....Content Manager...... under Vista." I'll give that a go first, although I need to be connected to the 970T to install it. Another uninstall and install I guess.

Thanks for taking an interest.

Mark.
Deepfour
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All

Sorry that I haven't been in touch for a while but to say that we are busy with the Christmas rush would be an understatement.

I just wanted to update everyone on whats going on and how we are stiull working to support you.

I have a meeting on Thursday with Product Management and while I can't promise that all the issues will be cleared up right away, I do have the list from the site (thanks to you all) and will be going through each issue.

Just to let you know the V7.02 update on the web fixes several problems including:

"Slip Road Flaw": Route would take you off some slip roads then back on again.
- Message "Corrupted data" in Content Manager, under Vista
- Dangerous curves indication (left or right) was random
- System would shut down when deleting a stage along route planning
- No route after download of MyViaMichelin via GPRS
- ... and many wording mistakes that were corrected

We will have an update arounf 17th Decenber to V7.03 which will fix the speed camera download issues some people are getiing and other issues - I will post a full list of what this changes when I have it.

I know that some of you have had an issue with creating new folders when you have downloaded V7.02 and would ask anyone who can to email me a screen shot of this error to show to the developers.

I have now got a direct line to one of the chief software developers on the team and any info you give will be directed to him to make any urgent changes which affect the use of the products. Any cosmetic changes you want to recommend will be taken on board and put forward for inclusion in V8 in March but I think we need to sort out errors first.

Thanks to you all for the support,

Regards

Stu

www.leyio.com

Keep your eyes open in 2009 for a new way to share and swap files......Leyio!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
franchise_mark
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A big thank you to Deepfour (AKA Stu). He arranged for someone from the VM Support Team to ring me very quickly, who understood the problem and knew what to do about it.

It seems that Vista had installed the wrong driver initially. Normally it's because the X970T is turned on before the installation software instructs you. While I don't think I did that, MS Mobile Device Center certainly launched while I was running the installation programme.

VM support emailed me instructions on how to fix this, and while it is still a bit hit and miss, if Vista does not recognise the unit, at least I know how to fix it now.

A big thank you to Stu and VM Support.

Mark

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: