Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Content Manager problem with X970T V7 ?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Content Manager problem with X970T V7 ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
B_G
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:40 pm    Post subject: Content Manager problem with X970T V7 ? Reply with quote

Hi all.
I run Content Manager on an XP laptop and a couple of days ago, I noticed that it wouldn't let me create a new folder (which I had done successfully a few days ago) in "MyPois". It was not something vital so I left it until earlier on tonight. Now, after several attempts, not only I still could not create any new folders by I couldn't change any details, such as name or icon of an existing folder as I kept getting an error message. After this, I noticed that I was also unable to see what was on the machine with ActiveSync.
Having uninstalled and reinstalled ActiveSync using the "Repair" option on the installation disc and done a hard reset, I can now "Explore" the contents via ActiveSync but launching Content Manager stops at the "Activating Content Manager Application" stage of the "splash screen" giving me the following error;

Application has generated an exception that could not be handled.
Process id=(values vary every time I try), Thread id=(values vary every time I try)

Do I need to uninstall and reinstall everything ? Any ideas appreciated !

Bernie
jonandmarkuk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is some good news and bad news.

From the message you are getting I can tell you it's not a fault with the GPS or the software on the PC.

Unfortunately the message does indicate a problem with your XP installation and it won't be long before you start to get the same message with other applications.
One thing you can try is a system restore if you know when the message didn't appear and sometimes turning off the AV to see if that helps (but only while using the problem app. I don't recommend turning off AV).

But ultimately I suspect you will need to do a full XP reinstall in order to sort the problem, thats what I did after months of trying to figure out the problem
B_G
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a bummer, specially as everything else ~seems~ to be running ok ! I've done a system restore but I still get the same error message.
Without going on for too long off the topics of this particular forum, Do you happen to know a good online idiot's guide to reinstalling XP, mine came pre-installed on a Dell laptop but I think it can still be done ?
Anyway, until I do that, I'll back-up what I can from the laptop and install the ViaMichelin software on the Windows 2000 desktop !

Bernie

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: