Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - SysOn CF Memory GPS no longer seen by ipaq hx4700
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

SysOn CF Memory GPS no longer seen by ipaq hx4700

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PDA/Smartphone Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rcec
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 3:09 pm    Post subject: SysOn CF Memory GPS no longer seen by ipaq hx4700 Reply with quote

Hopefully someone can help me with this infuriating problem.

My hx4700 (WM2003SE 4.21.1088) sat in my briefcase over the weekend and in the process managed to completely depower due to the battery coming unlocked (As an aside - presumably this means my backup battery is shot?)

This has happened a few times and usually all (!) I have to do is reinstall the SysOn CF GPS Memory (256MB) driver, and then reinstall TT5. My France and Italy maps live on the SD card, and the GB map lives on the SysOn CF card. As soon as TT5 is reinstalled all the maps are seen and off I go.

This time, TT5 is reinstalled and only sees the France and Italy maps on the SD card. The SysON GPS is not seen, and the "Mounted Volume" (CF Card) is not seen either. I have tried remove and reinstalling the SysOn drivers, and sometimes when I do this I get a message saying "elSerial.dll file is in use or in ROM. If not in ROM please close the application using it".

This file does not appear to be in the Windows directory of the ipaq when I browse there, but shows up if I "explore" from Active Sync. I downloaded a new elSerial.dll file having found a thread describing similar (but not identical) problems amongst the Axim community. I don't want to overwrite the one already in the Windows directory. Also there are some registry hacks proposed by the Axim guys which I'm also reluctant to try, after all it worked fine before, why is it now a problem.

Any help appreciated

Richard
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hard reset the device to wipe everthing then try re-installing the applications and driver software to the iPAQ, once you get it working I would then recommend you put the full retail version of Sprite Back up on the unt and use that to create a self executing back up file, this makes restoring the data so much easier. If the battery has a habit of coming out of the device try a small bit of tape over the battery lock slider to prevent inadvertent battery release - Mike
rcec
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried that. Reinstalled the SysOn driver, inserted the SysOn card, got the ping sound, but it does not appear as a CF card or "Mounted Volume". Tried a soft reset and repeated, still not there. Tried a normal CF card - recognized it immediately. It basically does not see the SysOn CF card as a CF card.

When I insert it though it seems to think its a modem as I get a message saying "New Modem Detected - there are no connections which use this modem". This message has occasionally happened in the past but seems to be dismissable without any problem.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PDA/Smartphone Discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: