Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - hi
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

hi
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wizzywig27
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 10:36 pm    Post subject: hi Reply with quote

i have just downloaded the updated speed camera file (one file), however i previously had some files on the sat nav (the seperate ones) which data will the satnav use?
gardenshed
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

un activate the ones you dont need and select the ones you do need, or delete the old set with windows explorer
wizzywig27
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

any way of testing if they have worked?
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need to give some more information. Namely, what satnav are you using. Then somebody can tell you how to do a demo run.

How did you get previous cameras on there? - I ask because you seem to be a new member with not long to do several downloads.

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
biggles150
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wizzywig27 wrote:

Select a route that you know has cameras and run in Demo mode.

Or go for a drive Wink
GB Map v710.1571
Sandisk ultra II 512MB
wizzywig27
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

biggles150 wrote:
wizzywig27 wrote:

Select a route that you know has cameras and run in Demo mode.

Or go for a drive Wink

what i mean was, obviously some of the cameras have been on both the new and the old database, so is there any that we know are now so i can navigate past it haha
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please answer DennisN's questions.
wizzywig27
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PaulB2005 wrote:
Please answer DennisN's questions.

woh it was on my step dads sat nav, im now downloading them for my girlfriends....that ok?
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
woh it was on my step dads sat nav, im now downloading them for my girlfriends....that ok?

Not really. The copy of the database belongs to the person who paid the subscription fee for it. Whilst it is OK to share the database with immediate family members in the same household it's not OK to share it with those outside the household and friends.

Also please answer DennisN's questions. You have given little if any information about what Sat Nav you are using or how you updated the files on your current unit. It's difficult to answer your original question until you answer ours.
gardenshed
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont wish to get embroiled in an argument here so please be gentle with me Laughing this chap has subscribed and you cant say that his girlfriend/ partner isn't in the same house hold and if they are defacto, they are considered man and wife in the face of the law, and therfore immediate family, as i am to my wife or you to yours.

after much debate on the piracy issue with the data base recently, i understand, and support, the forums stance on usage, but in this fellas defence, he copied them of his step dad, also immediate family, and decided to become a member himself.

not saying he has'nt done anything wrong and if he has, off with his head, but give people a fair go and a chance to explain

thanks for reading this Wink
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
this chap has subscribed

Can't see if wizzywig27 says he or did not subscribe. Simply states "i have just downloaded the updated speed camera file" Does state he got it from his step fathers sat nav but no idea if his step father is a subscriber either.

Secondly whilst some flexibility is allowed i was just pointing out the scope of that flexibility. I wasn't having a go at anyone. Notice i said "Not really" and then explained the situation, instead of "Stop it you thieving little Censored etc" and then calling for him to be banned.

Quote:
give people a fair go

Feel free to explain where I've been unfair.

Quote:
a chance to explain

Well wizzywig27 has posted 4 times and only the first post contains any information of any use. All attempts to extract any further info to help have been ignored.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK guys, I'm grateful for your input and wizzywig, if you aren't aware we've been suffering badly from piracy and people generally taking the mickey with regards to sharing the database so we're all a little on edge! I can see that you have an annual subscription, our moderators (who do a fantastic job) don't have access to that info hence the suspicion!

I have been suggesting for fairness that a subscription can be shared with immediate family members under the same roof. I had overlooked or forgotten (and have now been reminded!) that our actual licence terms permit use on three devices in total.

We are dependent on honesty in these matters so whilst I am not suggesting you have exceeded the number of installs permitted I would ask that you consider the number of installs you use. A related note is that each time you install it to someone elses device you lose control. If a copy were to subsequently end up on a torrent site it could be traced back to you and it would be you who lost your subscription not the person who actually shared the files Crying or Very sad

Last edited by Darren on Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wizzywig.... As of now, we STILL don't know what satnav system you have, so cannot help with your original question.
gardenshed
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PaulB2005 wrote:
Quote:
this chap has subscribed

Can't see if wizzywig27 says he or did not subscribe. Simply states "i have just downloaded the updated speed camera file" Does state he got it from his step fathers sat nav but no idea if his step father is a subscriber either.

he didn't Dennis did

PaulB2005 wrote:
Secondly whilst some flexibility is allowed i was just pointing out the scope of that flexibility. I wasn't having a go at anyone. Notice i said "Not really" and then explained the situation, instead of "Stop it you thieving little Censored etc" and then calling for him to be banned.

never intended to insinuate that you did

PaulB2005 wrote:
Quote:
give people a fair go

Feel free to explain where I've been unfair.

i wasn't refering to you in particular , it was a comment about the way some posts are answered in an intolerant way when the person has obviously less experience and is seeking guidance, and a term of phrase that means to let some one have their say before making conclusions, not i agree obviously used a lot in the uk and not used by wizzywig27 to clarify matters in this instance

PaulB2005 wrote:
Quote:
a chance to explain

Well wizzywig27 has posted 4 times and only the first post contains any information of any use. All attempts to extract any further info to help have been ignored.

he has probably decided to sit back a while, and i agree he has not helped you give him any advice on his particular pnd

its ok to remove extracts from a post and use them to reply, but it really can be used to put a different interpretation on what was said, i think if you re-read the original post you wont on reflection be offended by it, but see that i was trying to put a different point of view, to look at it from a different perspective
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can I just point out that Darren said we're all on edge here.
wizzywig27 wrote:
have just downloaded the updated speed camera file (one file), however i previously had some files on the sat nav

So I asked of someone who had joined after the most recent database was released
DennisN wrote:
How did you get previous cameras on there?

I too would plead that like Paul, My further elaboration "I ask because you seem to be a new member with not long to do several downloads." was nowhere near an accusation of being a ....... HOWEVER, I plead absolutely guilty to being suspicious. I haven't been greatly comforted by delayed information about girlfriends and step fathers. But then, I'm currently also quite crusty over my attempts to make an insurance claim.

And now, I shall no doubt get close to breaching the licence terms myself - not long ago I owned three devices and I like them so much I shall not be at all surprised if I soon get back up to three speed from my present two.

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: