Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Go500 NO WARNING AOUND WHEN APPROACHING SAFETY CAMERAS
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Go500 NO WARNING AOUND WHEN APPROACHING SAFETY CAMERAS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daddyslaphead
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 1:19 pm    Post subject: Go500 NO WARNING AOUND WHEN APPROACHING SAFETY CAMERAS Reply with quote

Crying or Very sad Hello from a new member.
Can anyone assist with the following problem.
I have Go500 and recently subscribed to TomTom safety cameras. I downloaded the database via TomTom Home and installed same on my device no problem. I enabled the cameras and they do appear on the display but I don't get any audible warning sound when approaching a camera. This is the case even when a route has been set - I just see the camera but no sound which makes it easy to miss unless you drive with your eyes glued to the screen! I referred this to the Tom Tom support people but without any resolution, they just suggested that maybe something was wrong with the installation and to try again which I did but with the same result ie no audible warning sound. Since then Tom Tom have gone quite on the subject Rolling Eyes I understand that the Tom Tom safety cameras are no longer part of the POI so there seems to be no way to activate a warning as there used to be. Instead it's all built in to the program.
I wish I'd found this site a bit earlier in which case I would have subscribed here instead especially as it's cheaper & I still might but I'd like to avoid the additional expense if I can get the Tom Tom version working. Anyone got any ideas?

Cheers
daddyslaphead
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum, the TomTom database should issue a simple beep when you approach a camera, have you got the volume turned up fully on the device? - there is no configuration settings needed once installed they should alert by both visual and a beep.

What version of software have you got installed to the 500? you can find this out by tapping the sat strength meter in the lower right corner, the next screen will say version XYZ on the right of the display.

You could try the database from this site as it only costs £2 for a month, the advantages are numerous, true spoken alerts so the unit will audibly tell you the camera type and applicable speed, the distance for each camera category can be adjusted to suit your preferences, not to forget the much better accuracy of the database - Mike
daddyslaphead
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply Mike.
I'm using the latest version which is 6.52 so the cash camera dbase should be compatible. Anyway, having tried numerous things I going to invest a bit of time exploring this site and maybe spend a few quid while I'm at it.

Thanks

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: