Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Marine GPS and fishfinder software for PDA!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Marine GPS and fishfinder software for PDA!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zebedee71
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 2:33 pm    Post subject: Marine GPS and fishfinder software for PDA! Reply with quote

There I bet THAT got your attention!

Thing is WHY is it not getting the attention of programmers???

Why has the PDA been expanded into a movie platform a music player a computer and sat nav system for the mainland but to date there is no real good marine software at a REASONABLE price that offers a small boat owner a comprehensive details mapping like Wreck sites etc that can use the same bluetooth GPS module you use in a car?

And while were at it WHY has nobody came up with a Transducer dongle to connect to the PDA to also turn it into depth finder-fish finder?

It seems to be a good market to break into when you consider the size of the PDA and it is easy to simply disconnect it and pop it in your pocket when you leave the boat unattended!!! Also the people who have open boats have little if NO space to site the standard bulky units that are on sale at ridiculous prices. You can simply use a Motorbike type leg strap to site the PDA on your thigh while using a tiller arm on a small boat!

I am sure there is a BIG market if this software and hardware were to be manafactured as there are a LOT of people I have spoken to who have said the same as myself about how handy it would be to carry a SMALL lightweight unit and be able to remove it also for security purposes at the end of the day.

Perhaps there are a few programmers on here from the big companies looking for ideas for future developments and HERE IS ONE!!!

Here is hoping eh?

Zeb

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: