Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TOMTOM 520 and tt home problems
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TOMTOM 520 and tt home problems
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daveT75
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:44 pm    Post subject: TOMTOM 520 and tt home problems Reply with quote

i bought my new tomtom go520 yesterday, the device works fine when not connected to the computer but the problem is when i try and use the home app. now at first i though it was just incompatible with vista on my laptop but it dows the same thing on my xp machine. when i connect the device the go displays the green screen with a pic of the do in its holder (intermitantly showing a cross telling me not to remove the device). but on the home screen it dosent show me the virtual go display all i get is the message that indicates their is a file or something missing that is stopping it communicating with the go. so all i can do is update and browse my go 520, cant do anty of the interesting things.
i have read something about a DLL file that is needed but surely the installation software should install everything the ttgo needs.
I have also tried the new tthome2 beta software and all i get from that when attempting to do the same thing is that a piece of software is needed (DLL file ????) and gives me the option to download it by selecting ok, then comes back with the message that i should try later. any ideas or do i have a faulty tomtom go 520?
davet
lowie
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 1:35 pm    Post subject: which version Reply with quote

Have you installed the Home software from the supplied cd. the version on the website is an older version and various reports say it's flaky.

Check the other posts here re V2 Beta. I am using that and it works fine with everything up to now.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
daveT75
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes tried using the app on the cd (think its 1.6xx20) to no no avail, also tomtom home2 still says that a component is needed but is not yet available. went back to the version on the cd and when i go to "my go 520" i get an image of my device with a message above reading: "at this time there is no component available that is compatible with your tomtom device" what does this mean? is the go520 still that new that tomtom have not finished all of the software for it? by the way do you have a 720 or a 520?
d
daveT75
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is this componant it keeps asking for - anyone? and how do it get it?
also my tomtom go 520 reboots when it conects to home, is this normal? do i have a faulty machine or is it just a software problem? d
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

daveT75 wrote:
What is this componant it keeps asking for - anyone?
It's a DLL that gives a Virtual Device on the PC Screen

daveT75 wrote:
... and how do it get it?
When you Click on Operate My Device, it will say a component is required and ask if you want to download/install it.

I can't remember now, but I think you have to be Logged In.

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
daveT75
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

do get that but when i select yes to download it says that the component is not yet available for my device (tomtom go 520) try again soon!, surely tomtom havent released a new machine before they make the software available for it?
d
orgie
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

daveT75 wrote:
do get that but when i select yes to download it says that the component is not yet available for my device (tomtom go 520) try again soon!, surely tomtom havent released a new machine before they make the software available for it?
d

Just so you dont feel lonely, I have just got a one xl europe and I have exactly the same problem as you Rolling Eyes really not impressed with the so called "award winning" software.. I also get a cant connect to server message, although I can get logged in by fiddling with other options, send password or something.. dum de dum..
cazmar
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 7:19 pm    Post subject: tomtom 520 Reply with quote

I bought a 520 yesterday as well and have exactly the same problem.It will not download the file and my tomtom shows a small internal drive and then cuts off and it takes about 5mins to connect to home v2 and then an age to do anything with it.Can anyone please help.
andy-c1
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yep i had problems too until i i setup my tomtom 720 to a working state tried again and all works great ,my only problem is when using operate my device i get lumped on teh continent not uk
wjc
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have a tomtom 910 and my tomtom home software out of the blue just stopped working
any answers guys,
sure can t get any from tomotm
thanks
wjc
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wjc wrote:
.... just stopped working
Can you be a bit more specific.

Can you start HOME on it's own? Without the 910 connected.

Have you tried re-installing?

Which version of HOME are you using?

Come on, give us a clue. Wink

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
wjc
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i tried to re install the old version with the disk provided with my unit even.i seem to be able to reach every other web page except www.tomtom.com.totally refuses to connect, as if the page has disappeared off the web
cazmar
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:16 pm    Post subject: 720 Reply with quote

I have had two 520s in 4 days and now have gone to a 720 but cannot register it with tomtom for another six months.Any help please.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try a differnet e-mail address with the new device, your ISP should permitt more than one e-mail address per account, each device needs a different one to work correctly with the TomTom system - PITA that this is I don't know of a way around it - Mike
wjc
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hummm......
problem may be that my inernet provider address changed from roadrunner to comcast.
i have a neighbor that tried to go to www.tomtom.com and it came up as a dead site for them as well
wonder whats goin on?
thanks
wjc

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: