Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Shopmobility
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Shopmobility

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Points Of Interest (POIs)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nikgee
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 8:53 pm    Post subject: Shopmobility Reply with quote

Hi,
Does anyone know of, or can tell me where to find POI's of Shopmobility Centre's (where people can hire scooters or wheelchairs)?
Thanks,
nikgee
aj2052
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nick a quick check via the internet shows that this is virtually a nationwide scheme but the listings seem individually listed for each location, it would appear to be a good additional category for the pgpsw database, i know their is one in my local shopping centre and suggest starting a list to enable people to add, for information they offer offer assistance to disabled people at at very nothing to a very reasonable cost, my local one gives loan mobility scooters at £5 membership per year and i think 50p a time loan, cant be bad
aj2052
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Category started, so suggest you start adding
nikgee
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 11:05 am    Post subject: Shopmoblity Reply with quote

Hi aj2052,
I am a novice at this, I know of two local Shopmobility sites, one in the Potteries Shopping Centre in Hanley, the other in the Shopping Centre in Stafford. How do I define their location, and where do I post the to?
I would like to become involved in this new list.
nikgee
aj2052
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Click on submit POIs on the left hand side of page and zoom in on the location you require and make sure hairline is in correct position before updating location and add new poi, it is a takes a litle bit of time to get used to its quirks, but after the first one it gets quite easy, I dont know if the category is entered yet, it usually takes upto a couple days, but give it a go and i will add some more later, check the download list for new entries.
aj2052
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just checked and a category has not been entered yet which is not surprising because i only submitted last night, plus I presume a new Icon would have to be used, so I should give it a few days, because they primaraly Loan/Hire Scooters and wheelchairs for the disabled, usually located around shopping centres,Malls etc for short time loan, I have suggested a category Transport-Shopmobilty which I believe has over 230 centres so it should eventually contain quite a few entries, perhaps MaFt or Richard could comment further.
aj2052
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still not showing, have submitted another 3 and a suggested bmp icon, also on reflection healthcare may be a better category.
Oldie
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aj2052 wrote:
Still not showing, have submitted another 3 and a suggested bmp icon, also on reflection healthcare may be a better category.

You must remember that you are not the only one submitting POIs. Quite a few of the submissions need editing and in general it takes twice as long to review an entry as it does to submit it. At the moment I have a backlog of some 100 submissions so yours are in there somewhere.

If you are submitting POIs in a new category/subcategory then please consider creating a file containing the data and emailing it. Instructions on how to do this have already been posted. Data sent in this way can be uploaded as a batch. But again do not expect an instant response as there is only one of me at the coalface.

Thank you for sending in an icon; that will save me some time Smile

Richard
aj2052
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not complaing Richard, Just keeping the OP posted, I do apprecaite the effort you put in.
aj2052
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Confirmation nikgee, the category is now added, so you can now add any you wish,I will also add occasionly as will possibly others ,Thanks Richards
aj2052
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Message for nikgee:
The Shopmobility location for Stafford gives Location as Broad Street but does not signify a shopping centre, The Hanley one is not listed but this does not neccesarily mean it is not a shopmobilty centre, as my local Shopmobilty is not also listed, so it would be better if you know the true location from personal knowledge to Submitt these entries yourself, the listing only shows a post code that is not always accurate, anybody else please feel free to add to this usefull category.
nikgee
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi aj2052,
Apologies for the delay in responding, I have had a go at submitting the location of Shopmobility in Hanley, I wasn't sure where to put it, so I entered it in the "other poi" category. It has it's own seperate entry/exit and you have to speak into an entry phone to gain access.
regards
nikgee
aj2052
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shopmobility has it own subcategory in healthcare, with all due respect to oldie I am sure he will sort it out. unfortunately due to family commitments i have been unable to submit any more lately but hope to catch up soon plus trying to work on a new file of 236.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Points Of Interest (POIs) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: