Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - What are the main differences between TT1 and TT2?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

What are the main differences between TT1 and TT2?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrMrMr
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 12:40 pm    Post subject: What are the main differences between TT1 and TT2? Reply with quote

Hi I have just got a Haicom CF GPS card for my ipaq 2210, and it came with TT1 (off ebay) I am now thinking about TT2 can someone list the main differences between 1 and 2 please (I have heard about TT3 soon I know)

also what is the best solutuon for attaching to my car, It is a company car and so am not allowed to damage/fix etc or I have to pay (renews every year).

are the suction cup holders steady and sturdy enough, are they long enough to stretch from windscreen to a good position. I have a ciggie charger for it which will be in the middle of the car and am gonna use the external attena that I got with it

any help please (whats the TT car kit like, seen it for £50 but seems a bit too much when you can get a car mount for about £20 off ebay?)

cheers, great site dave
LOC
Privateer
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi LOC,

I’ve never used or even seen TomTom Navigator 1.x in the flesh as it were! ;-) Dave did a comparison between TTNav 1 and TTNav 2, which can be seen here.

As you’ll see from my signature I use an iPAQ 3970, which I think, is heavier than a 2210. I use the standard TomTom suction mount that’s included free with the GPS mouse and software. I’ve had it come loose only a couple of times since I’ve had it (10 months) and that’s in extreme hot/cold temperature conditions. I have it sitting resting on the dashboard which helps to take part of the weight.

I use a four-way power socket to power the navigation set-up plus a few other “toys” as well. Wink

Regards,
Garmin Camper 770 LMT-D
MrMrMr
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the website URL I'll have a read, when you say a 4 way power socket what do you mean? I am going to be using the ciggie lighter but that also where I have to plug in my "plug and go" hands free kit for my phone.

is there a solution to this? the ciggie lighter on my car phone is plugged direct into the socket and has a speaker on if you can picture what I mean (http://www.freedom-mobiles.co.uk/images/accs/safetalk.jpg)

what can I do?
thanks
Privateer
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I said a 4 way power socket I meant a four-way power extension lead. Embarassed

My four-way power extension lead plugs into the cigar lighter and has a bank of four sockets for plugging 12v appliances into. However don’t try using the cigar lighter itself in any of the sockets as that will probably end up with fried electrics! I bought mine from Halfords, I can’t remember the price but it couldn’t have been any more than £15. Here’s a picture of Dave’s extension lead.

I had a full hands-free kit installed in my car several years ago so I don’t suffer from the problem you have. Do you think that your hands-free kit would work with the above lead? If not, how about a Bluetooth phone and Bluetooth headset?

Regards,
Garmin Camper 770 LMT-D
MrMrMr
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ah didnt realise you could get something like this, as you say an extension lead fased on ciggie sockets cool. that is an option now yes.

I will be upgrading to a bluetooth phone on my next upgrade time around may/June I think will get a BT headset as well so will be sorted.

what car mount do you use for your PDA? have bben looking on ebay and here and all mostly seem to be vent mounts? I find these for phone seem un secure, what about the suction one?

Not sure if mine will fit, as getting a new Niss Primera where it has a centre console thing and the vents are either side of it

thanks again
Privateer
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use the standard TomTom suction mount that’s included free with the GPS mouse and software, it does the job well. I’ve had it come loose only a couple of times since I’ve had it (10 months) and that’s in extreme hot/cold temperature conditions. I have it sitting resting on the dashboard which helps to take part of the weight.

Regards,
Garmin Camper 770 LMT-D

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: