Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TT710 & Nokia 6680
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TT710 & Nokia 6680

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
999tommo
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:55 pm    Post subject: TT710 & Nokia 6680 Reply with quote

I have a 710 and a Nokia 6680 phone. On checking the Tom Tom site for compatibility, it says my phone can link up, make and receive calls, send texts, but the phonebook cannot transfer.

Sure enough, I can receive incoming calls and make calls, providing I know the number !! Unfortunately I have to look at my phone to find the numbers to dial which makes the handfree part a bit useless.

I thought I would get round the problem by creating a POI category for people I am likely to phone. I can now click on phone, click on POI and find the person, which then dials the number.

After sitting back thinking how clever I was, I got a call from from one of my POI's, which just came up as the number and not the POI name, so I had no idea who was calling until I answered it. It's nice to know who is calling, so you can prepare at times..

I probably know the answer is NO, but can anyone tell me if there is a way of creating a fully working phone book, when the phone is not 100% compatible ? Crying or Very sad

Regularly absent, but still here in spirit !
Ninja21
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have recently changed my phone to a nokia n73 and i too cannot transfer my phonebook entries onto the TT my last phone a sony ericsson transfered fine.

mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chaps, check your e-mail in box and try the file attached - it should sort you out - Mike
999tommo
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike,

Thanks very much for sending me this file it is superb and works very well. I also received it from another forum member ("RQ") after he PM'd me last night.

Please make a sticky for the benefit of other members in the same situation as it appears that the number of mobiles which can automatically transfer their phone books to the Tom Tom devices is restricted.

mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richard (RQ) made a great job of getting around this problem which affects quite a number of phones to be honest. The spreadsheet is easy to use and does exactly what is needed, even the instructions are included - dead easy to follow, its now Here - Mike
999tommo
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing I have found regarding this spreadsheet, contrary to the instructions shown, is that the "contacts.txt" file, once created, should be saved in the "contacts" folder on the Tom Tom and not in the root directory. This might be particular to my device, but worth bearing in mind if no phone book is shown once you have put the text file on.

Ninja21
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thx Mike

Do you know if there is a way of copying the contacts into the spreadsheet without having to manually type them in, the nokia pc suite doesnt allow to veiw contacts only insert new ones.

:D

Dave
RQ
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I produced the spreadsheet for my 700 and the contacts.txt file was originally placed in the root directory under 5.45 software. That is where it is on my 700 at the moment.

However, I have also noted what 999tommo says is correct. But to be honest I haven't checked it out because it works on mine - and if it aint broke.........

Hope those with difficulty find it useful.

Any

TT1v3 6.560 1713 UK&NI 660.1199
TTG700 6.520 1387 MoWE 660.1219
Ninja21
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes RQ the spreadsheet is very useful but im just trying to avoid having to manually type the contacts into the spreadsheet, but if I have too then so be it.

999tommo
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ninja21 wrote:
Yes RQ the spreadsheet is very useful but im just trying to avoid having to manually type the contacts into the spreadsheet, but if I have too then so be it.

I tried to copy from the Nokia phone software but when you highlight one entry to copy, it selects not jut the name but the home number, mobile, email or whatever else you have in your phone and you can't paste it all into one field.

I ended up typing it all manually but I am a fair typist so it didn't take long. You can always ask a friend to type for you. Wink

Oh yes and if your device has the 'home' phone number greyed out, simply create another text file named 'home.txt' and put a one line entry in there as follows...... "Home","+44**********" substituting the asterisks for your home number. I have saved this into the 'contacts' folder but it may work in the root directory, depending on your device.

Happy typing Rolling Eyes

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: