Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Is it possible to have camera manager add custom mp3 to gpx?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Is it possible to have camera manager add custom mp3 to gpx?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
poleposition
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 1:19 pm    Post subject: Is it possible to have camera manager add custom mp3 to gpx? Reply with quote

I currently use camera manager with a nuvi 310. Because I find the default alert tone in the nuvi too quite, I take the gpx files that camera manager produces, load them into Mapsource and then add a custom mp3 sound to each camera location. This takes quite a lot of time, and I was wondering if this is something that ash10 might consider adding to the camera manager prog?
swing
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the gpx file format does not support embedding the mp3/WAV files directly into it, and hence it's a stage that has to be performed by POI Loader.
PhilHornby
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 11:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Is it possible to have camera manager add custom mp3 to Reply with quote

poleposition wrote:
I take the gpx files ..., load them into Mapsource and then add a custom mp3 sound to each camera location.

If you have an mp3 file with the same name as the .gpx file (in the same directory), POI Loader will associate it with every entry in the file.
philpugh
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 2:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Is it possible to have camera manager add custom mp3 to Reply with quote

poleposition wrote:
Because I find the default alert tone in the nuvi too quite, I take the gpx files that camera manager produces, load them into Mapsource and then add a custom mp3 sound to each camera location.

You only need to do this once - I did it with the Liz Whittaker .ogg files for use with my 660 and 310 after cnverting them to .mp3

Just leave the correctly named .mp3 files in the directory into which Ash's utility loads the .GPX files. When the cameras are next updated Ash's utility will just re-create the camera POIs / bmps and POILoader will pick up you .mp3 files to associate them.

However Ash has now changed his latest beta version (2.0.0.1) to use words instead of figures for the speed camera names, which means I had to edit the files names for the recent update.

Last edited by philpugh on Fri Jun 08, 2007 2:07 pm; edited 2 times in total
poleposition
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Is it possible to have camera manager add custom mp3 to Reply with quote

poleposition wrote:
I currently use camera manager with a nuvi 310. Because I find the default alert tone in the nuvi too quite, I take the gpx files that camera manager produces, load them into Mapsource and then add a custom mp3 sound to each camera location. This takes quite a lot of time, and I was wondering if this is something that ash10 might consider adding to the camera manager prog?

Thanks for the replies to this, I now have this working. I was not aware that POI loader would link automatically to MP3 files, I had not read this in the help file. This will save me a lot of time.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: