Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - speed camera update 5.051
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

speed camera update 5.051
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BAZZA77
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 12:59 pm    Post subject: speed camera update 5.051 Reply with quote

What is the point of writing in to Pocket GPS World,to tell them there is an error with pocketgpsworld_standard_files in the home version.The archive is corrupt,they have done nothing to sort the problem out.
JockTamsonsBairn
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BAZZA77 wrote:
pocketgpsworld_standard_files,this zip file is corrupt.I have tried downloading again but still the same.
I don't have a GO, so I don't use Home, but I've just tried downloading each of the 3 Home camera types, each without problems.
I am confused though, because you say
BAZZA77 wrote:
pocketgpsworld_standard_files, this zip

whereas the download actually gives you pgpsw-speed-cams.zip. The Consolidated by Type zip file does include the pocketgpsworld_standard_files.CAB file. I'm afraid that you haven't given a lot of information to help debug your problem. My reading of the instructions that I can find for updating using Home, are that you unzip the pgpsw-speed-cams.zip and then let Home do the rest.
Are you trying to open the CAB file using winrar 3.62, so that you can extract the files for Home to use, or are you getting an error from Home and, in attempting to debug the problem, then using winrar 3.62 to open the CAB?
However, as you can see, I'm also able to open the CAB!
Have you tried re-downloading?

TomTom Go 940 LIVE (9.510, Europe v915.5074 on SD & 8.371, WCE v875.3613 on board)
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have a read through This it will show you what to do when using the download for use with TomTom Home - Mike
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 3:00 pm    Post subject: Re: speed camera update 5.051 Reply with quote

BAZZA77 wrote:
What is the point of writing in to Pocket GPS World,to tell them there is an error with pocketgpsworld_standard_files in the home version.The archive is corrupt,they have done nothing to sort the problem out.
How many times have you previously done the camera download? From the way you are talking, it sounds rather as though you haven't done it very often and if you download the OV2 version and try it with TT Home, I would imagine you WILL get trouble.

Practice makes perfect and a lot of us use the OV2 method, but with Windows Explorer.

You will find it easier to get information and help if next time you post about it, you say things like what Tom Tom device you have, what Windows version you have and then detail precisely what you did, what went wrong and where/when. It is completely pointless just saying "I tried the download and it's no good". It will also be less confusing if you don't start up the same problem in a new thread like you have done here. Plus which, you'll be able to keep up with your posts instead of juggling backwards and forwards from one post to another.

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
BAZZA77
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 8:32 am    Post subject: speed cameras 5.051 Reply with quote

I have a tomtom one,using windows xp.I downloaded the three file types for tomtom home,UK-SINGLE FILE WITH ALL CAMERAS,UK-SPEEDZONED COMPLETE,UK-CONSOLIDATED BY TYPE.I unzip them ito a new folder using winzip 11.1 or winrar 3.62,then copy then paste into the tomtom home folder for tomtom home.Ive been doing this ever since the tomtom home version came out so i know what iam doing.The problem comes up when you try to install through tomtom home,the first two files install ok its the file pocketgpsworld_standard_files that has the problem.Ive tried unzipping this file with both winrar and winzip same error every time.In the end i just downloaded the 0v2 version and did it that way,that seems to be ok.
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 8:58 am    Post subject: Re: speed cameras 5.051 Reply with quote

BAZZA77 wrote:
I have a tomtom one,using windows xp.I downloaded the three file types for tomtom home,UK-SINGLE FILE WITH ALL CAMERAS,UK-SPEEDZONED COMPLETE,UK-CONSOLIDATED BY TYPE.I unzip them ito a new folder using winzip 11.1 or winrar 3.62,then copy then paste into the tomtom home folder for tomtom home.
Do you set three speed warnings for each camera?

Here's how to cut out some of those stages ...
1. Download the OV2 version zip file (I only get the speed zoned complete - it has every camera complete with speed and getting the others isn't duplication, it's triplication).
2. Forget winzip or winrar - using Windows Explorer, double click the zip file and "Extract all files" to a directory (you get two files per camera, an .OV2 and a .BMP).
3. Still using Win Explorer, Copy and Paste all those files into the map folder on your device.

Job done. I've been doing it this way since the wheel was invented and I've never had a corrupt file, download failure or anything other than complete success.

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
BAZZA77
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 9:18 am    Post subject: spped camera 5.051 Reply with quote

As ive just stated,in the end i did downloaded the 0v2 version and that worked ok.Its the home version thats at fault.Ive done it my way for over 12 months without a problem.Its just this update that has a problem.ok winzip opens pocketgpsworld_standard_files ok,but try to extract them to a folder.I dont think you get what i mean.And i dont set up 3 camera warnings just two zoned and pocketgpsworld_standard_files,i do this for a reason redlight etc.I dont use single file version.

Last edited by BAZZA77 on Mon May 14, 2007 10:11 am; edited 1 time in total
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 9:44 am    Post subject: Re: speed camera update 5.051 Reply with quote

BAZZA77 wrote:

hi bazza77 - who did you write to about this?
BAZZA77
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 10:23 am    Post subject: camera 5.051 Reply with quote

I give up,i know how to do it.I was trying to stop other people who use tomtom home to install the update,not to have same problem.What is the point of the home version?when people tell you not to use it and use the ov2 version.
JockTamsonsBairn
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 10:59 am    Post subject: Re: speed camera update 5.051 Reply with quote

MaFt wrote:
BAZZA77 wrote:

hi bazza77 - who did you write to about this?
You responded here

@ BAZZA77
Did you try re-downloading just that Consolidated by Type zip file? Since I was able to unzip it, I would suggest that there was a corruption in your download.

TomTom Go 940 LIVE (9.510, Europe v915.5074 on SD & 8.371, WCE v875.3613 on board)
BAZZA77
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 11:09 am    Post subject: camera5.051 Reply with quote

Consolidated by Type zip file.yes this file unzips fine,but once unziped its the pocketgpsworld_standard_files that has the problem.try it and see.open with whatever you want,but try and extact it to a folder.
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just tried the Consolidated File for HOME and indeed it does have give an Error.

HOME reports "An error occurred while unpacking the compressed installation guide."

It doesn't install any Files to the Device.

@BAZZA77

If you had said what the error message was, and what was causing it, it might have saved a lot of time.

The first question I asked you in your other post related to the error message Exclamation

It is difficult help if you don't give all the information that would help us to find an answer. Smile

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
BAZZA77
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 11:46 am    Post subject: cameras 5.051 Reply with quote

Iam sorry if i wasnt more clear,but if you read my posts i always said it was pocketgpsworld_standard_files that was the problem.Not the zip Consolidated File,not trying the ov2 version with home,and not being able to do it as i havent done it very often.well at least someone has a brain and its sorted.
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The error message and the program giving it would have helped also. ;)

It's actually the Specs and Temp Files that are causing the problem.

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
BAZZA77
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 12:02 pm    Post subject: cameras 5.051 Reply with quote

Ok next time i will know,and i knew it was those files.I did say tomtom home was giving an error.If someone had just tried it then it would have been sorted alot sooner.But thats ok.Thanks bazza77 for bringing it to light,as its pocketgps problem in the first place.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: