Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Asus A620 and GPS
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Asus A620 and GPS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kromkamp
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 5:35 pm    Post subject: Asus A620 and GPS Reply with quote

What is the best car-based GPS solution for the A620? Since it only has 1 slot, Compactflash GPS is pretty much ruled out (you need that slot for memory for maps). So, I see two options:

1)Serial Mouse GPS
2)Bluetooth GPS (with the A620BT)

What Serial Mouse GPS are compatible with the A620? The Deluo website lists one with an A600 connector, is this the same connector as the A620? Could a serial mouse GPS be powered by the A620 alone, or would the battery life be too short?

(BTW I notice ASUS has a GPS kit, but for $200 for a mouse GPS seems way too high)

A Bluetooth GPS would be the other option, but I wouldnt really be taking advantage of the portability, since it would need to be plugged into the car most of the time. But it might be a little simpler to use, if making the bluetooth connection was reliable. Anyone have a bluetooth GPS working well with an A620BT?

Finally, are there any car-dash mounts for the A620 like the ones on www.carcomm.nl and www.nemesisgb.com? (ie. ones with a power and gps serial connection built-in, you just need to drop the pocket pc into the cradle to connect)

Thanks!

Andy K.
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A bluetooth GPS wouldn't tie you to the car, most will last for atleast 6 hours on a full charge, some double that. You would need a car charger cable for the Asus though.

Take a look at our Comparison Database. I'm not sure if the Asus 600 has the same connection as the 620, but we do have a few GPS Receivers listed that will work with the Asus 600.
kromkamp
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. I think I've decided to go bluetooth - the Fortuna clip-on with Prymenavigator bundled I've found for $215 online which is a very good price (I was planning to buy Routis anyways, so same thing)

Andy K.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: