Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - just ordered a tomtom one v2
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

just ordered a tomtom one v2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RODTROTTER
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 3:47 pm    Post subject: just ordered a tomtom one v2 Reply with quote

ok i have had a garim i3 for the last 2 to 3 years and have used it on holiday in orlando my usa maps are out of date so do i buy new maps or buy a new satnav with usa maps well after thinking long and hard i have just orderded a tomtom one v2 with uk maps also usa maps do you have any tips on how to load pois and seedcams also how to setup is it as easy to setup ans use as a garim thanks for any help
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have a look at This Page and follow the links, the really important one is to back up your device, then start looking at the other things you can do with the device.
The larger memory card information might also be of use if you want USA and UK maps on the device.
Make sure you know where the reset switch is (just in case) but the TomTom One is very easy to set-up and configure - you know where to seek advice if/ when you get stuck, but the FAQ page is good one to start with - Mike
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm probably biased, but its probably easier!
Adding POIs and speed cams is just a matter of downloading the "ov2" files to your PC (along with their accompanying ".bmp" icons and optional ".ogg" audio alerts), unzipping them and copying them all to the map folder of the TomTom.
No need for a "POI Loader" type of program, and you don't need to do it all at once.
Detailed instructions for each brand are in the green and red section of the camera download page.

You DO need to be told about "Home".... Rolling Eyes
This is TomTom's "helpful" utility. You HAVE to use it to download new operating software and to install maps, but it can also be used for other things like adding POIs.
PGPSW have added a "Home" version of the camera download files, but most people find it more straightforward to use the simple copy and paste way, 'cos you can see what's going on!

~There are also a load of useful FAQs, but I see Mike has just beaten me to it! Wink

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: