Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - DIRECTION INDICATOR GONE.
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

DIRECTION INDICATOR GONE.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Glassman1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 7:10 pm    Post subject: DIRECTION INDICATOR GONE. Reply with quote

Sad Hi all,
Brand new today to this forum so hi to all. I have had my ipaq 3870 with tomtom gps v.2.08 for 4 months now and has been spot on up untill recently. When i now load data in for a route it calculates everything fine but now it does not show the actual route you are going along ie: the thick red outline on the road to which you follow and the green arrows that come up when telling you were to turn.
I have been all through various settings in software and today i have uninstalled the whole tomtom software and gps then re-installed a few times but still does not show the direction indicator( the thick red outline on road) i havr even updated to gps V.2.09 in the hope that this would help but to no avail. So i really would appreciate any help from you guys and hope there is an answer out there as i am at the end of my tether. Any help much appreciated.
johnmar
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
I believe you need to make the following change in Properties:

File>Properties>Advanced>Route :"Dashed in Foreground".

From experience, I have found that this preference changes to "Hidden" following a lock-up or crash. Usually it also means that other preferences or Favourites are also lost. You can safeguard against this by saving copies of the two TomTom settings files in My Documents>Tom Tom Navigator Settings as backups in another location. When necessary these can be used to overwrite the default settings.

Good luck

iPAQ3830 (32MB) PPC2002 ROM 1.20
CF Expansion Pack
Holux GR-213 GPS Mouse (GSW3.1.1 -3.1.00.07 C23B1.00)
Kingston Elite Pro 1 GB CF Card for maps
Viking 512MB SD Card (not used for navigating)
TTNav 5.210 (5430) Maps of W Europe
Glassman1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

:D Hi johnmar,
Thanks for theprompt reply m8 you dont know how much this is appreciated been pulling hair out. Anyway many thanks and u say this is has been caused when it has crashed at some stage. And bt saving which files to another location can i restore my original defaults?

Many thanks..
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Recent versions of TomTom Navigator 2 (I think version 2.22 and onwards - though I expect almost everyone will have upgraded to 2.24 by now) put the settings files in a folder called "TomTom Navigator Settings" inside "My Documents". If you're not already using version 2.24, I suggest you get the upgrade from the TomTom web site (click support, it should be downloadable from one of the top few answers).

There's one file in that folder for global settings, and one for each map segment you use (the latter contains information such as your favourites).

You can back these files up and restore them. An alternative, if you believe them to be causing you problems, is to delete them. If the files are missing, TomTom Navigator 2 will rebuild them with the default settings when you next start the program.

David
Glassman1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile Thanks Davew for the info will do aas u say however i did do what the previous post said and change hidden files to dashed in background, this did cure it but i have also upgraded and everything seems fine apart from i cannott record poi by using my calendar button. Have gone through tutorial word for word but when i launch checkpoint now and then try to record a poi i just get my calendar up, any help on this davew would be most appreciated many thanks again m8..
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Assuming you have configured CheckPOInt to use the correct hardware button for POI recording then from experience I have found that a soft reset is sometimes required before the setting takes effect. You'll also not see this working unless you have a position fix.
Glassman1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad Hi Darren understand the bit on soft reset nad have tried this but to no avail. Can u please explain the fixed position m8, sorry but pretty new to all of this and i am willing to learn, many thanks m8...
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No need to apologise, we've all been there! What I meant is that you need to get a satellite fix etc before the record POI function will work, you can't test it sat on the sofa indoors.

Take it out for a spin, get a location fix so that TomTom is functioning and then test the recording facility Smile
Glassman1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the prompt reply m8 and i thought that this was the case and i was out in vehicle @ 12.30am last night but still no joy all i keep getting is calendar. However i migh add that i have just been into settings and buttons and when i look @ my designated button which was set as calendar i have a few options in here and one being checkpoint to which i thought this is it however all this does is to launch the application. Would you know what this should be set too m8 thanks
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The buttons option in settings allows you to configure a button to launch an application. This is different to the setting within CheckPOInt where you configure a hardware button for POI recording. To avoid confusion allocate a different button i.e. Launch CheckPOInt using button 1 (also configure CheckPOInt to launch TTNav automatically and exit CheckPOInt when TTNav is exited). This way pressing button 1 will launch TTNav with CheckPOInt running and exiting TTnav from its menu will close CheckPOInt as well.

Then within CheckPOInt set the hardware POI button to Button 3. Soft reset, go for a drive and see if this has reolsved the problem?
Glassman1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Confused Cheers m8 will take your advice now and go for a ride..
Glassman1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

:D Cheers m8 just done exactly what u say and works a treat many thanks once again.

Cheers Glassman1
sparkster
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice instructions darren, this thread also answered my question as well,,, i was getting the same thing,, all sorted now,, thanks m8 Smile
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to hear it resolved your issues Thumbs Up

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: