Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - which camera database category do i need and to download?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

which camera database category do i need and to download?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ash22
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 3:45 pm    Post subject: which camera database category do i need and to download? Reply with quote

hi

i have just purchased the new tomtom one v2, and was wondering which camera database to download???

What are the differences between the categories i.e: single file, cosolidated, and speed zoned?

which is the best 1 to go for? what i want is all the types of cameras on my tomtom to notify me regardless of what type of camera it is

Also if possible want a pic displaying what the speed limit should be on the roads i travel on and if exceeding the speed limit to be warned by an audible sound

hope to hear from you soon, much appreciated

thankyou
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need :
TomTom ov2 files / speedzoned set from HERE - You won't be able to access them until you have subscribed (£2/month or £19/year).

Beginners' Guide HERE describes the different camera and database types.

Install instructions from HERE

Warning sounds are built in, if you want warning VOICE (Gatso 30MPH ahead type thing) you will need to choose a set of files from
HERE too.

There is no way on a TomTom to only get an alert when you are over the speed limit.
ash22
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have downloaded the voices speedzoned for my camera database and it is not showing up under the warning sounds only the standard ones are showing up i copied them into the map folder

what would the problem be?
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They SHOULDN'T show up in the warning sounds list, but also the warnings sound list shouldn't appear at all unless you've done something wrong.
Here's the instructions on the ogg files page... (the bit you missed is in bold)

Quote:
TomTom GO, ONE, RIDER and PocketPC
Extract the contents of the downloaded zip file and copy these to the map folder on your device. The suitably named ogg files should be placed into the map folder where your POI’s are located, do not put them in a sub-folder.

With the files in place start TomTom Navigator and go to Change Preferences/ Manage POI/ Warn when near POI (this MUST be done even if your camera POI’s have been previously configured).

Select the first camera in the list, if asked whether you want to delete or remove the warning answer NO.

You should now be asked to select the warning distance, followed by the Warn Only if POI on route – please set-up these options as per your normal preference, remember everyone will use different settings dependent upon how they use the device.

Now repeat the above, setting up the POI warning for EACH camera category you have installed to the device.

At no point during the configuration should you be asked to choose a warning sound (unless you have a TomTom 910, see note above), if you are prompted to select a warning sound there is something wrong with your added files.
Most likely causes:

Incorrect name of the ogg file. You must choose the correct package to match your chosen database type or the filenames will not match.

Have you placed the ogg files into the correct active map directory, with the current software and / or map upgrade process taking place, it is not uncommon to find users have inadvertently placed the ogg files in the old map, to be left wondering why the device cannot see the files it needs. How many map folders are on your device, if its more than one check where you have placed the ogg files. Also ensure the actual Active map is the correct one, you might have a new map loaded but not selected within the TomTom Navigator application. Change Preferences/ Manage Maps/ Switch Map.

(Admitedly the all-important last bit has got seperated below the Go910 picture in the instructions).

In all likelyhood it is a naming issue or you have not installed the speed-zoned datafiles themselves.
For each speed and camera type you will need to have THREE files in the map folder
e.g.
pocketgps_uk_gatso_20.bmp
pocketgps_uk_gatso_20.ogg
pocketgps_uk_gatso_20.ov2

etc, etc.

so for the full set there will be LOTS of files, at least 72...
(I can't give you the exact number because I don't know if you have included some of the optional 'un-verified pMobile' files and there are some empty "dummy" files such as 'pocketgps_uk_mobile_var.ov2' which don't really need to be in the download)

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: