Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TT910 custom Speed cam warnings
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TT910 custom Speed cam warnings
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nimh999
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 4:25 pm    Post subject: TT910 custom Speed cam warnings Reply with quote

New to forum and just bought TT910. Not sure if right forum.

Have loaded speed cam database and added my own warnings to speed cams but these are duplicated by Pocket GPS warnings.

Can I disable Pocket GPS warnings?

If yes how?

Can I create custom warnings on PC and then load to TT910 rather than editing each POI speedcam warning on TT910?

Thanks in advance
andydigital44
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi welcome to the forum and welcome to the Tomtom 910 also, i too am a new 910 owner having just bought one last Wednesday.

I presume you mean you have installed the Pocketgps speedcams from this site and you have setup the warning sounds in the "warn when near poi" menu. If this is the case then the other sounds you are hearing are probably from the default already installed tomtom cameras that come on the 910 from the factory.

What you need to do is to go into Tomtom Plus preferences and click on the speed camera icon. In this menu you should be able to turn of the Tomtom speed cams which to be honest aren't as up to date as the ones from this site.
nimh999
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply but no, the duplicated warnings are "Pocket PS UK Mobile 30. 300 yards". I wanted to use my own custom verbal warnings.

I am also getting a warning which says "Next opportunity 3 miles."

Next opportunity for what I wonder!
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please start by having a read through the user guide for setting up the 910 and camera warnings which can be found Here

What I suspect you have done is selected the "Full spoken warning ("Petrol station after 800 meters, next oppertunity: 20 miles") option when configuring your warnings. It doesn't sound too good when set up this way does it!

If you want to use your own warning files they must be named exactly the same as the coresponding POI file and be in the ogg audio format, select Sound effect rather than Full spoken warning.... in order to use the ogg files.
For additional information on the ogg file warnings please see This Page

You can do what you want, but to save you the hastle of recording all the warnings there is always This Page which contains various audio files for you to use - Mike
nimh999
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
Please start by having a read through the user guide for setting up the 910 and camera warnings which can be found Here

What I suspect you have done is selected the "Full spoken warning ("Petrol station after 800 meters, next oppertunity: 20 miles") option when configuring your warnings. It doesn't sound too good when set up this way does it!

If you want to use your own warning files they must be named exactly the same as the coresponding POI file and be in the ogg audio format, select Sound effect rather than Full spoken warning.... in order to use the ogg files.
nimh999
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:

Thanks for your reply Mike.

I selected "Type in your own warning" but it is still saying "Pocket PS UK Mobile 30. 300 yards" as well as my own text to speech warning.

Would really like just one warning if possible so need to know if removing "Pocket PS UK Mobile 30. 300 yards" is an option.

As for the .ogg files have had a brief glimpse at the page you referred to before. Am not sure this is as straightforward as I would like and so chose what I thought was the easy option of text to speech "Type in your own warning"
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, it is possible you have more than one copy of the speed cameras on your device, have a close look at the Western And Central Europe Map folder and look at the files that end with the .ov2 extension.

I would make sure you have a full back-up of the device then delete the .ov2 files from the map folder, then re-install a single camera download to configure.

One other thing, what version of software is installed on your device? - you can find this by tapping the sat strength meter (lower right) then the version box on the right of the next screen, the reason I want this information is that it is possible you have both the TomTom speed cameras and the Pocket GPS World cameras configured for warnings - Mike
nimh999
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike

Thanks for the reply once again. Slowly getting there. Have solved the duplicated warnings by downloading and installing the .ogg files and they work fine. Understand that there are not as many .ogg files as camera locations.

I have 33 pocket gps.ov files when I look at the TT910 via windows explorer.

I have 6 TomTom UK .ov files as well as countless other european .ov files via windows explorer.

BUT

I only have 27 pocket gps locations when I look at the TT910 when disconnected. It does not show any SPECS camera locations except SPECS 20.

Do not understand why I can't see SPECS 30/40/50/60/70/tba/var via theTT910 disconnected from PC. Any suggestions or should I copy and paste again and see if this works.

Have already looked in manage POI's and made sure they are ticked, and SPECS 30/40/50/60/70/tba/var are not there either.

Suggestions?

Thanks in advance
nimh999
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike

Forgot

version 6.524
andydigital44
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The is a maximum of 100 poi's in TT, this is the reason why some dont show up. I'd recommend you remove the European cams for now and then put them back when you need them.
nimh999
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

version 6.524

GPS v1.21 Boot 4.86
Map western and central europe v660.1219

Is this sufficient?
nimh999
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

andydigital44

Brilliant!!

have cut and pasted into a separate folder on PC for possible future use although I don't think I will be needing in all honesty.
andydigital44
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nimh999 wrote:
andydigital44

Brilliant!!

have cut and pasted into a separate folder on PC for possible future use although I don't think I will be needing in all honesty.

Glad to help. One thing though all those files should be backed up anyway....... you do have a backup don't you???

The first thing i did when i connected my 910 to my PC was do a backup. I even think you can trust TT Home to do a proper job of the backup now as it seems to keep the LoqendoTTS file folder capitalisation intact, this was broken in the past and resulted in the loss of text to speech after a restore. If this is not the case then please someone let me know, as i'm keeping my active backup sync'd via Home.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trust it at your peril, having spent hours re-naming files to get the Text To Speech working after a Home re-install I do know how to do it, but its not easy! (I did have the Windows back-up but wanted to see if it could be recovered from a home back up, it can with difficulty.

Simple answer copy the entire 910 drive to the PC using Windows Explorer, at least that method works and doesn't re-name the folders/ files, for the sake of 8 or 9GB drive space on your PC it is well worth doing - Mike
nimh999
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="andydigital44"]
nimh999 wrote:
andydigital44

One thing though all those files should be backed up anyway....... you do have a backup don't you???

Yes have got a backup through TT Home but will now do a backup through Windows Explorer as Mike has suggested.

Mike

If you do a backup through Windows Explorer do you need to backup through TT Home?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: