Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Global Sat SD-502 in my Windows Vista Laptop?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Global Sat SD-502 in my Windows Vista Laptop?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nismo2221
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 4:11 am    Post subject: Global Sat SD-502 in my Windows Vista Laptop? Reply with quote

Skip to the next paragraph for the short version...

I have a new HP Laptop with a factory SD Slot and would like to add GPS. Here's why... Much of my time is spent in the car driving to NEW locations in different cities. I could hit 40 locations in one day. I am using a paper map to get around and I'm going to kill myself soon if I don't get a GPS/Navi system. I am using a PC app called MS Streets and Trips 2007, which is great. It allows me to search YellowPages, and then instantly map the points all in one app. It then has a GPS interface which will then tell me how to get to these points. It couldn't be easier!?!? This is the only app that I know of that allows you to search YellowPages, Map and GPS the results. Everything except the initial YellowPages search maps to the Hard Drive, eliminating "refresh" concerns with web based programs and then integrate with a GPS. I considered getting a Nuvi660 and exporting/importing data, but that is an extra step and will require some data manipulation...No fun.

I have a new HP Laptop with a factory SD Slot and would like to add GPS. The review for this model says that it is incompatible with all Windows Systems up to XP but says nothing about Vista. Does anyone know if this model works with Vista? Does anyone know of a model that works with an SD slot on a Vista Laptop? This would be the ultimate setup...since it plugs right into the laptop which is plugged into the 12V socket in the car.

Otherwise I'll get a Holux 240 and a BlueTooth Dongle which is a little messier but will allow me to use it the way I want to.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: