Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Multi Point Route Planning
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Multi Point Route Planning

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lardyboy66
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 5:28 pm    Post subject: Multi Point Route Planning Reply with quote

Hi

I'm running TOM TOM Nav 2 and wanted to know if it is possible to set up a route that goes to point a and then on to point b ie (Bag of Chips in Chester but want to pick up the Chips in Rhyl ?

Any feedback greatly appreciated

Smile
TonyCal
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 5:43 pm    Post subject: TomTom 2 Reply with quote

I believe you cannot set waypoints in TTN2. As far as I know the only way is to use GPS assist to run waypoints.
Tony
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GPSassist can't be recommended these days - in fact I would go as far as to recommend that you do not install it unless you're prepared to hard reset.

GPSassist can cause problems in Pocket PC 2002 (reportedly it can interfere with Media Player). In Pocket PC 2003, the situation is worse - at least one user who tried it landed up carrying out a hard reset, wiping his Pocket PC clean - it was the only way to make things work properly again.

Whilst GPSassist has a nice feature set, the code, by the admission of the author, really needs a complete rewrite. It was also developed largely in the TomTom Navigator 1 days, when the wished for features were a little different. The author now has a new job and not as much time - also with TomTom Navigator 3 on the horizon (potentially changing what is provided by the program and what users want from an add-on) and CheckPOInt providing free of charge the POI warning feature that many people wanted GPSassist for, I very much doubt that we'll ever see a rewrite of GPSassist.

The best way to deal with multiple visits in one day is to put all the destinations in a POI file - it's then relatively quick to select each one. Unfortunately that leaves it to the user to decide on the order of visits - though I'm not sure GPSassist would do that for you anyway.

It is, of course, possible that TomTom Navigator 3 will support waypoints - it is a much wished for feature. At the moment, though, we have little idea what enhancements there will be in TomTom Navigator 3 - though I suspect that the Palm Tungsten 3 version will give us some ideas when it comes out next month.

David
Lardyboy66
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info guys, tried GPS assist but not too keen on it to tell you the truth

Will keep going the way I am

Thanks

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: