Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - loading speedcames
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

loading speedcames

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mikeuk46
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:06 pm    Post subject: loading speedcames Reply with quote

hello,i have download the speedcams date on to my tomtom ONE Regional,it seem to be loaded but nothing on the tomtom and other poi,where have i missed!
tonys66
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) You now need to 'enable' the cameras on the TomTom so you can see them on the map. Select them in your POI categories by going to: 'Change Preferences' then 'Manage (or Maintain) POI' then 'Enable / Disable POI' (the exact wording will depend on your TomTom unit)
Select each POI in turn.

2) You now need to set up proximity warnings for each camera type by going to: ' Change Preferences' then 'Manage (or Maintain) POI' then 'Warn when near POI '
Select each POI in turn and choose the warning distance and the warning sound
Uncheck the "Warn only if POI is on route" box so that you still get alerts if you are not navigating
Repeat steps 1-2 until all POIs are set up to warn.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tonys66 wrote:

Uncheck the "Warn only if POI is on route" box so that you still get alerts if you are not navigating

Personal preference...

Many people keep it ticked to avoid spurious alerts from cameras on nearby roads...
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_P2002 wrote:
tonys66 wrote:

Personal preference...

Many people keep it ticked to avoid spurious alerts from cameras on nearby roads...

I do this. HOWEVER you need to know that when you do, you will not get any warnings at all unless you have set up a route - this is no problem to me because I do precisely that - I have it set to warn only when on route and I always set a route whenever I go out. Even for local places where I know the route like the back of my hand (I have a number of "Favourites" locally too, so I sometimes navigate to one of those to give myself a route of sorts - it recalculates the route every time I go "wrong"). Incidentally, you'll still get some spurious warnings for cameras off route - the Tom Tom software isn't perfect and sometimes decides to warn if a camera is within the warning distance as the crow flies, rather than just on route

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
mjandar
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DennisN, quite rightly, says above: -

"Incidentally, you'll still get some spurious warnings for cameras off route - the Tom Tom software isn't perfect and sometimes decides to warn if a camera is within the warning distance as the crow flies, rather than just on route"

I know this has been discussed before but can anyone explain to me how and why it SOMETIMES happens? And can it be corrected?
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mjandar wrote:
can anyone explain to me how and why it SOMETIMES happens? And can it be corrected?
I've never found an explanation or a cure. My nearest local mobile is a prime example - on one side of a dual carriageway approaching a roundabout it warns for two directions - the correct approach and the least likely of the wrong ones, but NOT all three wrong ones. And Gatso 1014@40 on A449 Junction 13 of M6 always shouts as I go past. Does my head in. Evil or Very Mad It doesn't happen on a dual carriageway where the next turn is outside the warn distance, but it does if there is a gap in the central barrier where you could possibly do an illegal U-turn to go back past the camera. The cure is probably to set your warning distance to 5 yards!! Confused I've heard it doesn't happen on some devices - Garmins or Navmen? which can take account of the camera heading detail.

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: