Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - NVAMAN icn520 LOSES GPS FIX REAL QUICKLY
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

NVAMAN icn520 LOSES GPS FIX REAL QUICKLY

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xplociv
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:11 am    Post subject: NVAMAN icn520 LOSES GPS FIX REAL QUICKLY Reply with quote

hey,
i have a navman gps icn520 and i restored teh software on it with the software disk and the maps wif the maps disk . Now when i turn it on it boots fine loads maps but when it gets a gps fix it loses it in 2 seconds i dunno why it does this. Coiuld sum1 plz help me ? and when u check the gps stauts it says error. no nmea data and then it says waiting for gps fix 2 secs later. What can i do?????//
thank you Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Sad Sad Sad
DRP
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
Did you get your registration information From Navman, it’s under tools on desktop software?
Regards
DRP

Mio M400 WEU, N60I, T1, 2x B2, iCN 510 & lots more
xplociv
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:46 am    Post subject: gps lsot quick Reply with quote

hye,
yeh i did that many times my maps work fine its just when i acquire a gps fix it loses it straight away this occurred after upadting my navman.
thank u
DRP
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
You say it looses it straight away when turned on. After a reinstall it will do a thing called a cold start, this can take up to 30 mins or so. The best thing to do is to turn it on with the mains adapter plugged in and on, put it in a window and wait for it to get a fix. Tap the satellite icon btm, lhs and see how many satellites you acquire, you have to have 3 or more, before it will become active
Did the reinstall go ok. Did you make a back up before hand? If so reconfigure using that, read manual. If not the only thing I can suggest is a is an uninstall and start over. This can be found on page 89 of manual.

Regards
DRP

xplociv
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey im sending it off to Navman it must be some software fault i left it in the car for liek 6 hours to receive a gps fix it acquires oen and then loses it ive also down many installs and uninstalls.
thanks for helping anyway
DRP
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xplociv wrote:
Hey im sending it off to Navman it must be some software fault i left it in the car for liek 6 hours to receive a gps fix it acquires oen and then loses it ive also down many installs and uninstalls.
thanks for helping anyway

Hi
I do not understand what you mean about downloads. If you care to read page 84 of the manual, this is what I am trying to get across to you. It’s nothing to do with down loads? It’s simply removal of the software from the iCN and re installation of the software. I would personally cover all avenues and leave Navman as a last resort?
Best of luck.
Regards
DRP

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: