Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom New Version POI's
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom New Version POI's

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Points Of Interest (POIs)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dead-letter
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 4:16 pm    Post subject: TomTom New Version POI's Reply with quote

I have the new POI's and one thing I would like to do, amongst others, is to combine some of the speed camera POI's. I have used the DUMPOV2 utility provided by TomTom on their web site as well as other POI tools that are available on the www, such as POIEdit 2007 and POI Manager Pro V203, but none of these tools will dump the data.

Using any of these tools does create an ASC file, but the only text in the resulting ASC file are the first few lines of comments.

The POI OV2 and BMP files are accompanied by a VER file with the same name as the OV2 and BMP file. The VER file is a text file and contains information that the file version is 318 or 319.

I would greatly appreciate any information and/or guidance in order that I can dump the information in these version 318 and 319 OV2 files.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not entirely sure what you are trying to do here, but....

If they are standard POI files such as the ones from here (not TomTom's own speed cameras) then you want the .ov2 version.
POIEdit can certainly merge several .ov2 POI files together and export the result as another .ov2 file (no need to use ASC)

If I remember correctly, the extra "ver" file is only needed if you want to load the POI files using TomTom Home. It is totally unneccesary if you just add the ov2 file (and any matching .bmp icon file) to your map folder using Windows normal copy and paste routines.

Sorry if I've got the wrong end of the stick...

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Points Of Interest (POIs) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: