Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TT910 Existing Camera Database
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TT910 Existing Camera Database

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mre381
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 9:45 am    Post subject: TT910 Existing Camera Database Reply with quote

Hi, I'm a newbie to this, I have a TT910, and want to know whether prior to installing the pgps camera database, do I have to uninstall the preloaded cameras from tom tom?

If so, how do I do it? (where are the files hidden?)

Thanks in advance

Mark
mostdom
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Thumbs Up to the forum.

Yes you should remove the original database first. Seems that the place to look is in (tom tom home).

I found this similar thread.

Link edited for clarity - Oldboy

HERE LIES PND May it rest in peace.
Navigon 7310/iPhone Navigon&Copilot
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark, the first thing you should do with the 910 is back it up fully to the PC, I would suggest you do this using Windows Explorer to be honest. Next I would have a read through a few of the links provided on This Page, where there are instructions for installing cameras, spoken alerts, and removal of the TT camera database, it should keep you in reading material for a while as the 910 back-up can take around 50 mins - Mike
mre381
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the advice, I will back up befor installing. If it all goes pearshaped during the install, will a restore return my GPS to exactly as it was prior to messing it up?

If I delete from TT Home, in the POI section I can see what appear to be the camera files, containing words such as blitzer, radar, Kamera. I assume these are the files I need to delete, as they are all followed by a number (the speed range of the camera i.e. 30). I cannot see the other POI s on my Tom Tom from here such as petrol stations etc. Do they reside elsewhere?

Also with the 910, can I install the uk speed zoned complete database, or is the 910 limited on POI's.

Thanks again for your help and patience.

Mark
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark, your back-up is the only copy of the mapping data contained within your device, so it is vital this is protected, let alone the Loquendo Text To Speech files and application - once you have a back-up it can allways be used to recover the device to the same condition as it was when removed from the box for the first time.

You can remove the Camera POI using the Home Application, you are looking at the correct ones from what you describe. The other POI are built into a file contained within the map folder, this cannot be taken appart so you won't delete any of these.

For the 910 (as with any other device using version 6 software) there is a limit of 100 custom POI's the speed zoned complete will take up 24 Custom POI slots if you don't install the pending mobile cameras, or 33 with them included - Mike
mre381
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike,

Thanks my only concern when looking a the POI's on TT Home was that they did not show the speed sign (red Square containing black number) as was shown in the screen print you directed me to, but all the text appeared the same. I guess that so long as I keep my back up safe I cannot go too far wrong. Thanks - Mark
mre381
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Further to my last post, do I only need to remove UK cameras prior to installing PGPS amera database?

Mark
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can remove any of the files you like, the only reason behind the file removal is to avoid annoying double warnings for the locations where camera positions exist in both database sets.
As you have a backup you could always remove all of them, you can replace them at will when required, or leave them in place - the choice is yours, but I would remove the lot it saves al ot of confusion to be honest - Mike
mre381
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I made a backup, then followed the instructions to the letter, and it appears that after trialling a demo route to work, that its all functioning correctly. Fantastic. Thanks to everyone for their help.

Regards

Mark

:D

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: