Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - UK NETWORK RAIL - RAILWAY ACCESS GATES, BRIDGES WANTED
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

UK NETWORK RAIL - RAILWAY ACCESS GATES, BRIDGES WANTED

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Points Of Interest (POIs)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rifitintaken
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:42 am    Post subject: UK NETWORK RAIL - RAILWAY ACCESS GATES, BRIDGES WANTED Reply with quote

Hi,

Anyone that works on the railway will know how much of a nightmare it can be trying to find access gates onto the rail infrastructure.
I thought it would be a great idea to make a POI available for network rail access gates, bridges, mile posts etc. and would make alot of peoples jobs much easier.
All the grid references are publically available, so im hoping and praying someone somewhere will be able to make this happen.

cheers guys, any info on this would be gratefull
RQ
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would it not be possible for the large number of commercial infrastructure companies taking out vast amounts of profit from the industry (ah yes sorry government grants or is that taxpayers money?) to invest a little money in this very discrete and non public interest POI.

If they did then it would take less time fo the operatives to find the locations and become more productive - thus earning them more profit. They might be able to get the average pway worker productivity up from 28% to 29%.

I don't think Network Rail or the Infrastructure companies are really excited about people having all this information to hand - vandalism, terrorism etc

Wait a second or two whilst I get down from my soap box.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Points Of Interest (POIs) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: