Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - No Sound
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

No Sound

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jrus5gf
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 4:45 pm    Post subject: No Sound Reply with quote

Hi Everyone,

I have a TomTom 300 and have updated the software since I have updated I have lost the warning sounds for the speed cameras this as only happened since the update of the software any Ideas
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum, were you previously using a modified data.chk file to get spoken alerts for the speed cameras or were you using the inbuilt beeps and bells? - there are a number of options available to you, but could you say what version of software is on your device (tap the sat strength meter and it will state version in a small pale box on the right of the screen). Also let us know what type of warnings you are after, bells or spokem and is this for the speed camera database from this site or TomTom's offering.
I appreciate that must seem like lots of questions but the replys will all be relevent in order to make up an accurate answer - Mike
jrus5gf
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many Thanks for your reply the software version is 6.520 and the warnings I was after are the built in ones bells, bleeps,etc and the camera I subscribed to from the TomTom website Hope this will help Thanks again!
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The TomTom camera database is pre-configured and cannot be altered as the files are no longer treated as true POI files, all you can do is use the device and you will get whatever preset warning is enabled (by TomTom) - it was a TomTom change that brought this change about but very little you can do about it to be honest.
The database from this site can be fully configured for distance, camera type speed and spoken alerts, if you want/ need this capability you need to look at switching database supplier (the downside is the money paid to TT is dead) but this site updates and content are considerably better - Mike
jrus5gf
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mike,

you have been really helpful the trouble is I am bitb thick we these sort of things and I really could do with some audible warning how do I get the cameras yiu talk about and how do I install them
Many Thanks
John Russell
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John, to access the speed cameras from this site you need to be a subscribed member, this costs £2 per month (so you can try it for a small outlay) or £19 for 12 months if/ when you decide it does the job you want from it.

Have a read through THIS Page for some additional information.

Once you have the required access to the site you can download the camera database from the site, in the mean time you might want to also read THIS User Guide, whilst I appreciate this is for a different device to the one you own, it is applicable, just ignore the part about Text To Speech which your unit doesn't support.

There are other pages detailing how to install the spoken camera alerts that will work with your unit, once you have the files on your device we can progress to the next level - Mike
jrus5gf
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike,
You have been super thank you I will subscribe and hope I get it right you have been really helpful I thought for a minute I was doing some thing wrong at my end but as you point out its down to TomTom
Regards
John

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: