Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Torn between Garmin nuvi 370 and tomtom go 910. Need advise
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Torn between Garmin nuvi 370 and tomtom go 910. Need advise

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DDorbuck
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 5:07 am    Post subject: Torn between Garmin nuvi 370 and tomtom go 910. Need advise Reply with quote

Hello all, I would like a little advise on my next gps purchase. I live in the USA but my wife's family lives in Great Britain so I will be traveling between the US and Europe frequently. Both Tomtom and garmin make gps units with both the USA and European maps included, the garmin nuvi 370 which is shipping soon and the tomtom go 910 respectively. Now for my question. Is the garmin worth the almost $300 extra it costs over the tomtom? Feature wise I like the extra's that garmin includes such as the hotel, restaurant search, etc but is it worth it? I'm also looking for any other advise from users who have gps unit's with multiple continent maps such as do these units lack the granularity that units with only us or europe maps have? I have kept my past gps purchases well under the costs of both of these units so I am a little hesitant on this purchase until I know a little more about them. The nuvi 370 should be available in a few weeks but feature wise it seems to follow the other models in the nuvi family.

Thanks for any info.

Doug
tonys66
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This has been coverd before if you are a frequent travler then go for 1 with all the maps as for the bit you menchend about Feature wise like the extra's that garmin includes such as the hotel, restaurant search ect ect thay both have that and you can get more poi's(points of intrest) free from here and on other web sites.
I am a avid TT user 910 but there are others that perfere the navi take a look on this site and compare the two for yourself.
http://www.globalpositioningsystems.co.uk/
Or better still goto a shop that sells both and play and compare there .
Good luck

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: