Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Can I use Magellan maps on my PDA
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Can I use Magellan maps on my PDA

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Skatta
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 4:29 pm    Post subject: Can I use Magellan maps on my PDA Reply with quote

Hi guys,
I recently purchased a nifty little I-Blue 737 Bluetooth GPS reciever for my PDA then a friend bought me the DisdoverAus Streets & Maps with Mapsend for Christmas.He knew the CD was published for the Magellan units but figured I could use the maps on the disk however I have not been able to find how to use the maps. There is an option within Mapsend to save files to SD card or hard disk but the Upload Wizard still prompts me to enter a Magellan davice serial number. Is there a way for me to convert these maps to useable files for my Windows 2003 PDA operating system or are there any navigation programs available for my PDA which would import the maps from Mapsend? Has my friend blown his $250? What is the meaning of life (other than 42) Out of here
philpugh
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like he wasted his money. 8O

The maps are intended for use on a Magellan mapping GPS unit - which is why it is asking for a serial number. You can link it to 2 Magellan units. It's a bit like the Mapsource products for Garmin mapping GPS units.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: