Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TT910 and Traffic
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TT910 and Traffic

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TonyD
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 12:25 pm    Post subject: TT910 and Traffic Reply with quote

Just received a TT910 and when I first tried it with traffic via my phone it worked. Subsequently, I now get "TomTom Traffic - could not establish a wireless data connection, please check your mobile phone". And yet the TT is talking to the phone as a hands free device quite happily. Any thoughts ?

Furthermore, I also have the dedicated TMC receiver and I get absolutely zilch, no recognition of it or anything. Now I realise this is par for the course - and having read posts in this forum I went into it with my eyes open, but anyone any suggestions on this (I have upgraded to 6.522 BTW) ?

Tony
TonyD
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just started working again with GPRS, but still nothing with the TMC receiver.
TonyD
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stopped working again, but now I've sussed out what's going on. It only works when connected to my PC, otherwise it gives the "can't establish a wireless connection with phone" message. Can anyone suggest what is going on please ?
MrDJ
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just a thought but do you have to activate the data settings with your phone service provider or have to activate it in your phone settings.
some you can download data straight away others have to be activated in your settings on your phone.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you trying to use GPRS traffic data while the RDS TMC unit is plugged in to the device mount in the car? - if so if won't work the TMC unit takes precident, disconnect the RDS TMC and then try for the GPRS Traffic - Mike
TonyD
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
Are you trying to use GPRS traffic data while the RDS TMC unit is plugged in to the device mount in the car? - if so if won't work the TMC unit takes precident, disconnect the RDS TMC and then try for the GPRS Traffic - Mike

No, I am still testing it in my house, the TMC module is not connected. Definitely works when I am docked with the PC but doesn't work when disconnected from the PC.

When I did try the TMC module in the car I saw nothing, no indication that it was even seeing it or anything. What should I be looking for ?
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony, first of all are you running version 6,522 on the device please check by tapping the sat strength meter then see what the small version box states, we have seen a number of posts recently where TomTom Home has downloaded the update but it is not installed to the device.

Secondly you should see an orange spinning disk (top right) on the display indicating the unit is tunning, or better still a green solid disk indicating it is locked to the crrect channel, for some screen shots please have a read through THIS do any of the screen shots resemble what you can see on your device with the TMC unit connected ?

If the software version is correct and you don't have the orange disk spinning or the green disk (top right) try a reset, followed by pushing the TMC connector further in to its socket on the mount, it is quite stiff to get in - and fiddly once the 910 is docked on the car mount - Mike
TonyD
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
Tony, first of all are you running version 6,522 on the device please check by tapping the sat strength meter then see what the small version box states, we have seen a number of posts recently where TomTom Home has downloaded the update but it is not installed to the device.

Secondly you should see an orange spinning disk (top right) on the display indicating the unit is tunning, or better still a green solid disk indicating it is locked to the crrect channel, for some screen shots please have a read through THIS do any of the screen shots resemble what you can see on your device with the TMC unit connected ?

If the software version is correct and you don't have the orange disk spinning or the green disk (top right) try a reset, followed by pushing the TMC connector further in to its socket on the mount, it is quite stiff to get in - and fiddly once the 910 is docked on the car mount - Mike

Yes I am running 6.522 as in my OP.

How do I do a reset ?
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How can I reset or restart my TomTom GO, ONE or RIDER?
TonyD
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
try a reset, followed by pushing the TMC connector further in to its socket on the mount, it is quite stiff to get in - and fiddly once the 910 is docked on the car mount - Mike

Ah, I've pushed it in further and now something is happening. I am seeing the orange circle. Thanks Mike.
TonyD
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now actually locked onto a Classic FM station in Leeds and got the green circle. Not reporting any traffic but that might be true. I have to drive 200 miles South today, I'll try it for real.
Still can't use the phone though.
TonyD
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Done 400 mile round trip. The Traffic receiver works but as reported constantly on here it is very erratic - probably had a signal about a third of the journey.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: